“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The best breakfast ever...worth the wait to get seated. Pancakes out of this world with the blueberry Danish and the sweet potato flavours the best of the lot. So brilliant going back tomorrow and if we were not booked to go back to UK this weekend we would camp outside to be first in every morning.

Visited August 2013

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We don't even know where to begin- it was hands down the best breakfast on the planet. We were there early (before 9am) so we had no wait at all. The blueberry Danish pancakes were fabulous, as were the hash browns. My kids raved about the bacon as well. Wish I had room (and calories) to try the sweet potato pancakes, but since I need to go on a food detox after this vacation, I think sticking with one breakfast was more then enough. I wish we had more time to go back again and again. Come to the east coast Snooze!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Franklin, Tennessee
“Stick out the wait.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were staying in La Jolla and I asked a local for the best breakfast. I wasn't finished for a millisecond before she recommended SNOOZE. Her words: 'It's a little ways a way, and you should definitely take a snack, but the drive and the wait are totally worth it.' So we took her word for it.

The wait was horrendous - nearly two hours - which will put a damper on any person's experience quite frankly. However, it's not like they were slow-moving. The place was crawling with people. Once we were seated, our service, food, and the overall experience were incredible. It was easy to see that the workers there enjoyed their job. Eager to please, all having a good time. I like that.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Palm Coast, Florida
“Long Wait-Worth It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

On a recent trip to San Diego we ate at Snooze twice. Although there was quite a wait the person at the door was accurate on the timing. They have free coffee while you wait. Everything we had over the two meals was very good. They have a number of kinds of pancakes and excellent corned beef hash. Egg dishes come with potatoes or toast, but for $3.95 extra you can get any of their specialty pancakes. Impossible to eat everything and a lot of doggy bags go out the door. Service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Unlike many places, Snooze actually lives up to it's reputation. It truely is amazing.

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day so I always like to go to good quality places when in the States. I checked this place out before arriving in San Diego and I was already excited after reading the reviews and looking at the menu.

We arrived and as expected, there was a queue. We waited 45 minutes (on a Monday!), but it was definitley worth it. I already knew what I wanted to order - the OMG French Toast. It took a while to arrive but when it did, it was unbelievably good. I also ordered a latte, which was amazing - very high quality coffee.

We enjoyed our food so much, that we had to come back the next day. We were only in San Diego for 4 days and I have never before been back to the same restaurant while I've been on holiday but we just had to come back here. The next day I ordered the flight pancakes, where you can choose 3 pancakes from the menu... again, I was not disappointed. They were just too good to describe.

We spent 3 weeks driving from San Diego to San Francisco and ate in many restaurants, this was by far the best breakfast I had.

Visited June 2013