“Stick out the wait.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 3,705 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Founded by brothers Jon and Adam Schlegel, Snooze was born on April 2, 2006 in Denver, Colorado seeking to evolve the A.M. Dining experience through culinary innovation, an eclectic and energetic atmosphere and comfortable and friendly service. Breakfast marks the beginning of a new day. At Snooze, we believe life is for living and each person and each day is worth celebrating. Our mantra: it only takes a moment to make a difference. From the day we were born, our people - Snoozers - have led the way serving creative twists on America's favorite breakfast classics in a casual, friendly and vibrant atmosphere. The passion of our Snoozers is contagious. Over the past 8+ years it has inspired Snooze fans of all ages across the country. We embrace our roots in the Denver Ballpark neighborhood and aspire to be an integral part of every community in which we're lucky to live. Today, you can experience Snooze across neighborhoods in Colorado, California and Arizona. We invite you to join us, make up a new pancake and dance to the music. Wake up to the potential of your day. Wake up to Snooze!
Franklin, Tennessee
“Stick out the wait.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were staying in La Jolla and I asked a local for the best breakfast. I wasn't finished for a millisecond before she recommended SNOOZE. Her words: 'It's a little ways a way, and you should definitely take a snack, but the drive and the wait are totally worth it.' So we took her word for it.

The wait was horrendous - nearly two hours - which will put a damper on any person's experience quite frankly. However, it's not like they were slow-moving. The place was crawling with people. Once we were seated, our service, food, and the overall experience were incredible. It was easy to see that the workers there enjoyed their job. Eager to please, all having a good time. I like that.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Palm Coast, Florida
“Long Wait-Worth It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

On a recent trip to San Diego we ate at Snooze twice. Although there was quite a wait the person at the door was accurate on the timing. They have free coffee while you wait. Everything we had over the two meals was very good. They have a number of kinds of pancakes and excellent corned beef hash. Egg dishes come with potatoes or toast, but for $3.95 extra you can get any of their specialty pancakes. Impossible to eat everything and a lot of doggy bags go out the door. Service was friendly and efficient.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Unlike many places, Snooze actually lives up to it's reputation. It truely is amazing.

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day so I always like to go to good quality places when in the States. I checked this place out before arriving in San Diego and I was already excited after reading the reviews and looking at the menu.

We arrived and as expected, there was a queue. We waited 45 minutes (on a Monday!), but it was definitley worth it. I already knew what I wanted to order - the OMG French Toast. It took a while to arrive but when it did, it was unbelievably good. I also ordered a latte, which was amazing - very high quality coffee.

We enjoyed our food so much, that we had to come back the next day. We were only in San Diego for 4 days and I have never before been back to the same restaurant while I've been on holiday but we just had to come back here. The next day I ordered the flight pancakes, where you can choose 3 pancakes from the menu... again, I was not disappointed. They were just too good to describe.

We spent 3 weeks driving from San Diego to San Francisco and ate in many restaurants, this was by far the best breakfast I had.

Visited June 2013
California
“The breakfast was good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I would go here again cause the food was good. Just wished they had the red velvet pancakes when I was there, cause that was the reason we went! The waitress was awesome as was the other staff! Like that you can have coffee as you wait for your table! Neat place

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Foothill Ranch, California
“Good, but not all that!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Unique breakfast....with a twist. The breakfast pot pie was on the savory side. Homemade rosemary sausage gravy smothered a flaky puff pastry, topped with a sunny side up egg. Accompanied by hash browns we also ordered one "pancake of the day" which was a white chocolate chip pancake with cream cheese and strawberries Coulee.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere