“Breakfantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Breakfantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I want to first off start by saying I'm not really that big into breakfast places. SNOOZE has changed me! We decided to stop here on our way to San Diego Zoo due to all the great reviews on here. Oh My God! So to give you a heads up there were 7 adults, 6 kids aged 0-13. Everyone was happy. They offered a wait for a big table but we wanted to hit the Zoo ASAP so they broke us into a few small tables to help us out. I have never seen such a vast array of food that I wanted to try all at once. I mean there is something for every single type of breakfast preference here. I'm not one for the sweet stuff, but my niece and nephew were in heaven with the cool pancake options. My father in law loved his more traditional bacon and egg plate. I tried the "Sandwich I am" My God A soft pretzel style sandwich with a deliciously seasoned sausage and egg with a very nice chipotle holandaise. I tried my wife's egg's bene and it was fantastic as well. I also had a bite of my other niece's sweet potato pancake which was just awesome.
Not to mention that it was a short wait for the food which meant a well oiled kitchen crew.
The staff there are very friendly and seem just super excited to work there. From the reception, to the service, to the exit all were awesome.
Prices were not bad at all and I loved the Coffee-to-go station on the way out. This is a must try if you are in the San Diego area. Very accessible when coming off the I8 and exiting on to 6th Ave it leaves you a block from breakfast.

91% Recommend
London
“Incredible food but pricey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

You must go here but be prepared for significant wait times and a fairly large bill. The food is delicious and it's difficult to choose from the extensive menu but everything is great! We went at 8.30am and had to wait 40mins. Try the OMG French toast!

• Visited March 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“You have to go!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place is the best!! My husband and I were in San Diego for a short trip and decided to try Snooze out. We got there around 9:45 on a Friday morning and had a 45 minute wait. But it was totally worth it!! The decor is chic and fun, and all of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I had the OMG French toast and it seriously was the best french toast I've ever had. My husband ordered the Breakfast pot pie and also said it was the best breakfast he's ever had. It's definitely worth the wait, and eating at Snooze is a must if you're in the area!

Pomona, California
“A 45 minute wait at 10 AM on a Thursday...?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

...and well worth it!

The two 9 year-old girls breakfasting with me went with pancakes from the kids menu: Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes and Coffee and Donut Pancakes. Both girls raved. (I stole a bite from each and their assessments are accurate.)

I ordered the Loxness Benny and had some bites stolen from me. Both girls raved and, again, their assessments are accurate.

As great as the food was, the service was even better! Our server (Ariel?) warned me of the aggressive ticketing at the parking meters and, rather than calling children services, kept an eye on the girls while I dashed off to feed the meter.

We'll be back!

Tucson, Arizona
“You SNOOZE, you LOSE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

After telling us we had a "20 minute wait", we waited one hour to be seated and then another 45 minutes to get our food. The 'Host" was extremely rude - and the service was really unbelievably slow and inattentive. The food, once it arrived, was nothing special. The Sweet potato pancakes were dense and heavy and I doubt that one person could eat the large potion that was served. In fact, all the portions were quite large. The breakfast pot pie sounded much better in the description than it tasted in real life -it was watery and bland. Yes, they do have 'gluten free' and vegetarian items on the menu --- and you will be paying extra for them. I would say that this restaurant is grossly overrated and, unless you want to spend 2 or 3 hours of your precious vacation time waiting, and waiting and waiting for mediocrity --- go someplace else!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere