“Incredible food but pricey!”
Review of Snooze

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
50 visitor photos
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch

90% Recommend
There are newer reviews for Snooze
London
“Incredible food but pricey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

You must go here but be prepared for significant wait times and a fairly large bill. The food is delicious and it's difficult to choose from the extensive menu but everything is great! We went at 8.30am and had to wait 40mins. Try the OMG French toast!

• Visited March 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“You have to go!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place is the best!! My husband and I were in San Diego for a short trip and decided to try Snooze out. We got there around 9:45 on a Friday morning and had a 45 minute wait. But it was totally worth it!! The decor is chic and fun, and all of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I had the OMG French toast and it seriously was the best french toast I've ever had. My husband ordered the Breakfast pot pie and also said it was the best breakfast he's ever had. It's definitely worth the wait, and eating at Snooze is a must if you're in the area!

Pomona, California
“A 45 minute wait at 10 AM on a Thursday...?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

...and well worth it!

The two 9 year-old girls breakfasting with me went with pancakes from the kids menu: Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes and Coffee and Donut Pancakes. Both girls raved. (I stole a bite from each and their assessments are accurate.)

I ordered the Loxness Benny and had some bites stolen from me. Both girls raved and, again, their assessments are accurate.

As great as the food was, the service was even better! Our server (Ariel?) warned me of the aggressive ticketing at the parking meters and, rather than calling children services, kept an eye on the girls while I dashed off to feed the meter.

We'll be back!

Tucson, Arizona
“You SNOOZE, you LOSE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

After telling us we had a "20 minute wait", we waited one hour to be seated and then another 45 minutes to get our food. The 'Host" was extremely rude - and the service was really unbelievably slow and inattentive. The food, once it arrived, was nothing special. The Sweet potato pancakes were dense and heavy and I doubt that one person could eat the large potion that was served. In fact, all the portions were quite large. The breakfast pot pie sounded much better in the description than it tasted in real life -it was watery and bland. Yes, they do have 'gluten free' and vegetarian items on the menu --- and you will be paying extra for them. I would say that this restaurant is grossly overrated and, unless you want to spend 2 or 3 hours of your precious vacation time waiting, and waiting and waiting for mediocrity --- go someplace else!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“This place is worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Fortunately, our party of 8 arrived at opening time for breakfast, so we were seated right away. This is a clean, hip place with the food to match. I ordered the "pancake flight", an assortment of different pancakes with names like "pineapple upside down" and "coffee and donuts". These were the best pancakes I've ever had. The chicken sausage paired with it was excellent. My cousin runs a premium butcher shop in North Hollywood and this chicken sausage gave his homemade ones a run for its money. The atmosphere was great. The food was great. The prices were very reasonable. I will plan on visiting this restaurant every time I come to San Diego!