“A 45 minute wait at 10 AM on a Thursday...?” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 3,753 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breakfast marks the beginning of a new day. At Snooze, we believe life is for living and each person and each day is worth celebrating. Our mantra: it only takes a moment to make a difference. From the day we were born, our people - Snoozers - have led the way serving creative twists on America's favorite breakfast classics in a casual, friendly and vibrant atmosphere. The passion of our Snoozers is contagious. Over the past 8+ years it has inspired Snooze fans of all ages across the country.
Pomona, California
“A 45 minute wait at 10 AM on a Thursday...?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

...and well worth it!

The two 9 year-old girls breakfasting with me went with pancakes from the kids menu: Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes and Coffee and Donut Pancakes. Both girls raved. (I stole a bite from each and their assessments are accurate.)

I ordered the Loxness Benny and had some bites stolen from me. Both girls raved and, again, their assessments are accurate.

As great as the food was, the service was even better! Our server (Ariel?) warned me of the aggressive ticketing at the parking meters and, rather than calling children services, kept an eye on the girls while I dashed off to feed the meter.

We'll be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, Arizona
“You SNOOZE, you LOSE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

After telling us we had a "20 minute wait", we waited one hour to be seated and then another 45 minutes to get our food. The 'Host" was extremely rude - and the service was really unbelievably slow and inattentive. The food, once it arrived, was nothing special. The Sweet potato pancakes were dense and heavy and I doubt that one person could eat the large potion that was served. In fact, all the portions were quite large. The breakfast pot pie sounded much better in the description than it tasted in real life -it was watery and bland. Yes, they do have 'gluten free' and vegetarian items on the menu --- and you will be paying extra for them. I would say that this restaurant is grossly overrated and, unless you want to spend 2 or 3 hours of your precious vacation time waiting, and waiting and waiting for mediocrity --- go someplace else!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“This place is worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Fortunately, our party of 8 arrived at opening time for breakfast, so we were seated right away. This is a clean, hip place with the food to match. I ordered the "pancake flight", an assortment of different pancakes with names like "pineapple upside down" and "coffee and donuts". These were the best pancakes I've ever had. The chicken sausage paired with it was excellent. My cousin runs a premium butcher shop in North Hollywood and this chicken sausage gave his homemade ones a run for its money. The atmosphere was great. The food was great. The prices were very reasonable. I will plan on visiting this restaurant every time I come to San Diego!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Long Wait, Okay Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We waited almost 80 minutes on a Sunday afternoon based on all the good reviews. The food was just okay and I left disappointed that we "wasted" 80 minutes of sight seeing time in line for what I thought was just mediocre food. In their defense I didn't try the french toast or other foods that some rave about, but I felt that a place reviewed this well should at least know how to make scrambled eggs and not bring them out runny.

The ambiance was good and the servers friendly, however it was also disappointing that they have seating so close to one another that you cannot enjoy conversation and/or have to listen to what the table less than 5 feet away from you is talking about.

I also didn't feel that the portion size was as much value as others claim it to be.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“NOT WORTH THE WAIT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I hope this review shows up I think the ones that are posted are probably by staff or friends of the owner. I guess its not the worse place i have eaten but we waited almost an hour to be seated, while staff just slowly clean the tables. Some of the tables sat dirty for almost 15 minutes while customers stood around in the sunshine waiting. I dont think the owner realizes what is going on there as if he did he would want to improve the customer service right away. The food is okay but not worth waiting an hour for. The people who work there are so busy chatting with friends instead of servicing the customers. I guess for me the best part of the morning was that the sun was shinning!!! I dont think i will be going back.... :(

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere