“This place is worth the wait” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Founded by brothers Jon and Adam Schlegel, Snooze was born on April 2, 2006 in Denver, Colorado seeking to evolve the A.M. Dining experience through culinary innovation, an eclectic and energetic atmosphere and comfortable and friendly service. Breakfast marks the beginning of a new day. At Snooze, we believe life is for living and each person and each day is worth celebrating. Our mantra: it only takes a moment to make a difference. From the day we were born, our people - Snoozers - have led the way serving creative twists on America's favorite breakfast classics in a casual, friendly and vibrant atmosphere. The passion of our Snoozers is contagious. Over the past 8+ years it has inspired Snooze fans of all ages across the country. We embrace our roots in the Denver Ballpark neighborhood and aspire to be an integral part of every community in which we're lucky to live. Today, you can experience Snooze across neighborhoods in Colorado, California and Arizona. We invite you to join us, make up a new pancake and dance to the music. Wake up to the potential of your day. Wake up to Snooze!
“This place is worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Fortunately, our party of 8 arrived at opening time for breakfast, so we were seated right away. This is a clean, hip place with the food to match. I ordered the "pancake flight", an assortment of different pancakes with names like "pineapple upside down" and "coffee and donuts". These were the best pancakes I've ever had. The chicken sausage paired with it was excellent. My cousin runs a premium butcher shop in North Hollywood and this chicken sausage gave his homemade ones a run for its money. The atmosphere was great. The food was great. The prices were very reasonable. I will plan on visiting this restaurant every time I come to San Diego!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Long Wait, Okay Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We waited almost 80 minutes on a Sunday afternoon based on all the good reviews. The food was just okay and I left disappointed that we "wasted" 80 minutes of sight seeing time in line for what I thought was just mediocre food. In their defense I didn't try the french toast or other foods that some rave about, but I felt that a place reviewed this well should at least know how to make scrambled eggs and not bring them out runny.

The ambiance was good and the servers friendly, however it was also disappointing that they have seating so close to one another that you cannot enjoy conversation and/or have to listen to what the table less than 5 feet away from you is talking about.

I also didn't feel that the portion size was as much value as others claim it to be.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“NOT WORTH THE WAIT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I hope this review shows up I think the ones that are posted are probably by staff or friends of the owner. I guess its not the worse place i have eaten but we waited almost an hour to be seated, while staff just slowly clean the tables. Some of the tables sat dirty for almost 15 minutes while customers stood around in the sunshine waiting. I dont think the owner realizes what is going on there as if he did he would want to improve the customer service right away. The food is okay but not worth waiting an hour for. The people who work there are so busy chatting with friends instead of servicing the customers. I guess for me the best part of the morning was that the sun was shinning!!! I dont think i will be going back.... :(

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wilsonville, Oregon
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Good breakfast but horrible wait! I think we waited an hour but was worth it. So many choices to choose from. The omg French toast will be my next choice and also would try the flight instead of just picking one pancake choice. I had the sweet potato pancakes which were still very good. Would recommend if you are into interesting breakfast choices

Visited March 2013
Denver, Colorado
“I wish I could give it more stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We LOVED our breakfast and our server! We had about a 30 minute wait for a party of 8...not bad at all for such a wonderful restaurant. Our server was fun and attentive. She even gave us a pancake to share as an appetizer! The food was absolutely incredible. Everyone ordered something different and we all thought we had the best meal! I would come back to San Diego just to eat here!

Visited March 2013