“The Best Thai Food in San Diego” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Thai
San Diego, California
“The Best Thai Food in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is a small neighborhood place and we have only had take from out there a couple of times. Last night we took a guest and ate in the restaurant. It always makes me nervous to take a guest, but Thai Joint did not disappoint. I remember the place being kind of dingy, but it wasn't at all. It's small and not terribly fancy, but perfectly nice.

The food was spectacular and the service was friendly and polite. We ordered an appetizer and three dishes and shared everything. It was all wonderful. We had the duck Pad see iw with huge pieces of tender and juicy duck. I could hardly believe the amount of duck that was served for a mere $11. We also had the Panang curry and the Pork shank. We ordered both dishes at a 7 out of 10 for hotness, and they were quite hot. I love hot food, so not too much for me, but if you are nervous about the heat, I'd go to 5 or 6.

I'm a meat lover myself, but have many friends who are vegetarians. There is a sign in the window that says "vegetarian friendly," so I wouldn't hesitate to take my veggie friends there.

We'll definitely be making this our primary Thai joint! Yum!

• Visited December 2011