“Good for extended stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #60 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
“Good for extended stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here with my family for two full months when relocating for my career. It is a very clean, very nice hotel. Rooms are set up nicely for long stays (I shared a two bedroom suite with my wife, 5 month old, 4 year old, and mother in law and nobody killed eachother!) Each bedroom has its own full bathroom. Location is great, right next to a nice shopping center, and is very close to highway 15.
This is my first experience with an extended stay hotel and I do have a few gripes. The housekeeping situation was a little confusing, and it seemed like we went a few weeks at times without clean linens. They have a "social hour" in the evenings with free beer, wine, and sake (which is great) but the "finger food" they put out is treated like an all-you-can-eat-buffet by the families staying there, so its a little annoying. That being said I would recommend this hotel to any family on travel!

Room Tip: Our room faced east and we had a good view of the inland mountains
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
tpeterson20, Public Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dearest Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to positively critique our hotel. With the amount of time you've spent with us we are confident your opinion gave future guest an accurate depiction of what's to be expected during their stay with our hotel. Our housekeeping process is different from normal hotels and during the peak season leading out of summer our Social Reception can be busier than normal so we qualify that comment by agreeing 100%. That said, your words were well received and genuinely appreciated by our entire staff and we can't wait to have you back. Until then, "safest travels" from our family to yours.

-Kindest Regards-

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was visiting San Diego on business recently and stayed at Staybridge Suites for two months from August to September. I have visited other cities in the US and stayed at different hotels, but Staybridge Suites provided me the best customer experience by far. In addition to the quality of the rooms, the staff - people at the front desk, chef, operations manager - at Staybridge Rancho Bernardo are very friendly. Pete, the chauffeur of the hotel's complimentary shuttle service, deserves a special mention for his excellent customer service and for going out of his way to help me on several occasions. My rating for Staybridge Rancho Bernardo on a scale of 1 to 5 is-

Quality of Rooms (Furniture, Bathrooms, Ventillation) - 5
Complimentary Wi-Fi in the room - 5
Complimentary Cable TV service - 5
Complimentary Breakfast - 5 (Complimentary Dinner also served from Tue thru Thu)
Complimentary Laundary facilities - 5
Kitchenette - 5
(and reserving the best for the last)
Customer Experience - 6

Based on my experince, I would definitely recommend Staybridge to friends and colleagues visiting San Diego. Hope this review helps.
- Shiva

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
tpeterson20, Public Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
We'd like to genuinely thank you for taking your time to recommend our hotel. It wasn't long ago that you were here and our staff is very familiar with your reservation; so might we say that it was an equal pleasure having you stay at our "home away from home". We eagerly anticipate your return and encourage you to reach out prior so we know when to expect you and yours.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I live a few minutes away and was having my house painted. I booked for a couple of nights and although I called the local # I was switched to the 800 number. I booked a non smoking room and last room available. I arrived and it was a smoking room. I was very frustrated and left and called Scott Griffin ( hotel manager in the morning) He explained to me that they are supposed to say it is a booking for a general room as they might not know when you get here what is available, but will do their best to get what you need. He also was VERY apologetic!

I love this hotel and Scott went over and beyond anything I could have expected to make me happy. He gave me a great room( much bigger), reduced the rate, made me feel like I was special and he really cared. His staff was amazing and they really cared too and catered to me like I was a queen! Who wouldn't want to feel like that!

This place is cozy, coffee all day, great waffles and breakfast everyday and very kind people work here. Great location.....within a mile you have anything you could possibly need! This is my 2nd home now when I need a local place to stay.

This is what separates this hotel from others.....they REALLY care!

Thanks to a wonderful staff and knowing that people really do CARE :o)

Room Tip: Get at least a one bedroom but I stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath as there were 2 of us and our dog. Fel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
tpeterson20, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dearest Guest,
We'd like to thank you very much for taking the time positively rate our hotel during your stay. Each guest is special to us and knowing that our efforts are meeting the mark individually makes it worth all the effort. While you may live close by, please remember that you'll always have your Staybridge family nearby if you're ever in need.

bergen county, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

It has been a few years since I have had the fortune of staying at a Staybridge Suites. Their rooms are big with comfy couches, cable tv, free wifi, full-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, cooktop, and placesettings for 2-4 people. I used their fitness center, which had newer equipment and a TV to keep my workout interesting. Their free breakfast is also awesome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have been at Staybridge suites, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego for three weeks now. I am a long way from home and I am having a thoroughly enjoyable time here. The reception staff are awesome, in particular Jason, Brad and Pete. The staff are all very pleasant and accommodating. Rosa, who cleans my room every day, leaves me a sweet note and a chocolate. Reception staff will do anything from extra pillows to ordering my home delivered pizza. If I like I can cook in my room, which is lovely. After work I relax and swim in the pool. If I want to go shopping at Costco, Scott the manager gives me his card. They also have a shuttle service, and will take you anywhere. It is well situated for shopping, coffee and restaurants!
Couldn't recommend this place more highly! Well done!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night and my experience matched several other guests. While the hotel looks great aesthetically and well furnished, there are some hidden problems.

I, too, got bitten by fleas. I, too, found fleas and saw it with my own eyes. It was a one night stay, so I didn't make a big fuss.

The other strange thing happened, which is surprising and very unusual - the water was boiling hot. I know this sounds crazy because most people complaining about cold water. I tried to shower in the morning the water was literally crazy hot. I thought maybe the hot/cold sides are swapped on the faucet but no, if I turn towards hot from the midposition, the water became nearly boiling hot. i could have brewed coffee with the water straight out of the faucet. I end up running both the tub faucet and sink faucet, along with the kitchen faucet to flush out the excessively hot water. It took what felt like 5 solid mins of running the faucets to get the water down to a manageable albeit still very hot temperature.

Getting a flea bite and then a partial burn is not a good way to end the stay. The extra star is earned by a nice well equipped gym and the free laundry room.

Room Tip: You should bring some flea sprays or at least a tube of hydro-cortisone anti-itch cream...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear knowmyhotels,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and superior accommodations. We sincerely apologies for the problems you experienced in your room. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. You can be confident that the hotel management will take necessary actions to improve our guest experience.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We enjoyed a four-day stay over Labor Day at Staybridge. It was conveniently located to family we were visiting. Four adults shared a two-bedroom suite. Room was clean and spacious with a full kitchen which we used. Each bedroom had its own full bath which kept everyone happy. Morning breakfast was quite extensive and good. All requests were responded to quickly. I was hoping for a spacious room at a clean, extended stay property with a good breakfast and that's exactly what we got! Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area? Share your experiences!