“Carnitas Tacos. Enough said.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 4,044 restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Carnitas Tacos. Enough said.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

The patio area is darling!
Worth the wait. Make sure to have a little extra time. They know their carnitas. I love the crunchy carmelized pieces.
Beer is cold.

• Visited May 2013

94% Recommend
Minneapolis, MN
“Delicious steak sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Took about twenty minutes to get our food but worth the wait. Steak sandwich was big enough to share. My uncle got the triple threat pork sandwich and loved it even though he was initially disappointed that it was a little small. The wait can be long to order. We waited in line for about 10-15 minutes. Yummy!

Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“Delicious Pork Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

After living across the street for over a month, I finally went to Carnitas' Snack Shack yesterday. There was 1 person in line (this was exciting since usually I see lines of 20+ people), so I skimmed over the menu quickly before deciding on the Triple threat pork sandwich - pork schnitzel, pulled pork, bacon, pepperoni-pickle relish, shack aioli. Hey, go big or go home!

I went around the back to wait for the sandwich and was pleasantly surprised by the patio area. There was plenty of seating, it was clean, and there it felt like I was in someone's backyard for a bbq.

Once I got my sandwich, I walked home to dig in since I was cold. I split it in half with my bf and initially he thought the sandwich was small but I figured it would be filling since there was three types of pork. Plus, we had plenty of speghetti leftovers to get through.

Let me tell ya - I was happy with half because of the richness. The pulled pork and bacon stood out more than the schnitzel. In fact, the schnitzel got kind of lost in the mix. The pepperoni-pickle aioli was great and they put on just the right amount - not too much and not too little. I loved how it helped bring the entire sandwich together. I would definitely go back and maybe next time, I'll get their fries that I saw everyone with!

San Diego, California, United States
“Great food at a reasonable price!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just had to check out Carnitas' Snack Shack after reading the review in Triple A's Westways Magazine. Their hours are 12 to 12. Closed Tuesdays. I got there 40 minutes before opening, the line was already forming. You order and pay at the sidewalk window, then head around back to the outdoor patio to wait for your food.......I had the BLT, which also includes slices of ham. Excellent. Got the seasoned fries to go with it. Very good. The ketchup type sauce they serve with the fries I could live without.(very bland).

One friend ordered the 'Triple Threat' sandwich which includes breaded prok schnitzel, applewood-smoked bacon, and roasted pork on a brioche bun. They loved it. Another friend had one of the two specials for the day. A pulled pork sandwich, which also got two thumbs -up.

When we left there was a line of about 15 people waiting to order. This was on a Thursday. Be prepared for a line pretty much whatever time you go. But it's well worth it. Enjoy!!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I can't recommend this place highly enough! Whatever you do have the bacon ice cream Sandwich!!! The Carnitas tacos are unbelievable and if they have the pork triple threat sandwich...get it! This is a pork lovers heaven! :-)