“Cool Place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Albuquerque, NM
“Cool Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Very good food. I had the pulled pork sandwich. Very flavorful with some interesting touches that made it Brazen's own. The sides were tasty and plentiful. We sat outside with our dogs in tow, which was very nice. One nice little surprise? A hand-wash station in the center of the restaurant. I'd go back!

Visited July 2012

67% Recommend
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“OMG - Outstanding Food & Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I ordered the Brisket and Pork Spare Rib combo platter; while waiting I had a cucumber martini; the martini was delicious and refreshing, the brisket was so tender and the taste was outstanding; I would say it was the best brisket I have ever had, the pork spare ribs were nicely smoked and tender. I am ready to return San Diego just to eat at Brazen again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“More a bar than a restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This seems to be a bar which just happens to sell fast food - the decor did nothing to add to it's appeal for us. The food & service were both fine but we felt like we were eating in a railway station concourse & the bar seemed to be the main attraction. We ate here at the start of our 3 week stay in San Diego & did not bother to go again, although it was the closest restaurant to our hotel.

Visited May 2012
Del Mar, California
“Missed on a couple of levels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by a local several weeks ago, so I checked the reviews on TA and I was a little leery about the mixed comments about this place. We decided to try it anyway and it turned out to be a disappointment, the not so good TA reviews were very accurate. We ordered several items and the consensus was it is a very below average BBQ restaurant, nothing special. The ribs were over cooked and dry and the pulled pork sandwich was tasteless. The sides in general were another disappointment, especially the mac and cheese, it was over cooked and very dry. The restaurant is a little pricey, $80 for 4 people at lunch for so-so food. We don't plan on coming back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“I absolutely love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Ever since Brazen BBQ opened in Hillcrest my partner and I have loved it! Their service is AWESOME! It is the only place that has real southern style sweet tea that is brewed FRESH! Being from the South it is really nice to have some southern style food around in a place that is full of nasty "organic" crap! I usually get the pulled pork sandwhich with coleslaw on top and smother it with their specialty BBQ sauces! For side dishes I get the crusted mac and cheese and baked beans! It is so delicious! If you are in the area I highly recommend this place to try if you are in the mood for a good meal.

• Visited May 2012