“Worth the trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Villa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 4,100 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Date St. and Beech St.
San Francisco, CA
“Worth the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Where ever you are in San Diego... it is worth taking a trip to Little Italy and eating at La Villa.

I wanted Italian food so I jumped in a cab and asked the driver to take me to Little Italy. The cab dropped me in front of La Villa and I thought "why not?"

It was amazing. I started off with a maple old fashion... delicious drink... I had the Cesar Salad, Squash Blossom Pizza and the six hour Bolognese. I am the biggest critic on Bolognese and this was delicious! I was so stuffed I had no room for dessert.

The service was impeccable. One of the nicest waiters I have ever had.

It was such a joy to eat here. I highly recommend La Villa!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Meade, Florida
“Enjoyed Dining Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was in San Diego on business for one night and my hotel was a couple of blocks from Little Italy. As Itailan is possibly my all time favorite food I decided to take a walk through the area and look for someplace unique yet reasonable for dinner with a distinctly Italian flair. I found it at La Villa. It was a beautiful evening and I ate in the outdoor seating area which was exactly what I was looking for. I chose the resturant though for its menu - which included some unique specials like lamb sweet breads and Gnochhi with morrels and duck Confit. It was obviously a farm to table type restuarant which I love and the priced were reasonable for California. The waiter confirmed that the menu changes frequently and let me know which Items were soon to be replaced to new items due to availability. The bread was delisious as were the sweet breads - the gnochhi was a bit denser than I like - (i like a fluffy cloud gnochhi) but the taste was definately there. The cocktails were generous in size which is appreciated. The only disappointment it that while I was in the middle of dinner a waiter (not mine), decided to turn on two outdoor heaters - one where the heat was hitting me directly in the back - he even did this when I asked him not to turn it on - or to move it away from my table. I ended up having to swith which side of the table I was sitting on so I would not melt. Kind of ruined the experience I was truly enjoying up to that point. Despite this I would probably give it another shot - the food was good enough to warrent a second visit the next time I am in town.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Very nice restaurant in Little Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Nice vibe.. Casual and relaxed, but elegant.
Really good service, and a friendly group of customers.
Also, there is a nice patio for outdoor dining.
Good wine selection too.

Visited March 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
“love the outdoor patio!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Food was very good, staff was very helpful and friendly. Was a bit peeved they stated a 45 minute wait (when it was NOT busy) and then called us 15 minutes later to come back...

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Feels like Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I love the Little Italy "vibe" and this restaurant certainly contributes to it. This is the second time I visited this restaurant and "the honeymoon" hasn't worn off. We sat in the outdoor patio, which is very relaxing. The service and atmosphere were great. Everyone around us was relaxed. Many were ordering the cheese plate with a glass of wine. I love nicely prepared vegetables and ordered the roasted Brussel Sprouts sauteed with dates. They were delicious and so many were served that I took half of them home. My husband ordered the prosciutto pizza and a craft beer. I didn't try the pizza but he said it was good. I think their menu is great with some healthy choices, which I appreciate. I look forward to returning again.

• Visited March 2013