“Great pizza, a lot of beer!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Sacramento, CA
“Great pizza, a lot of beer!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I'm not sure how my husband found this place, but I'm glad he did! The pizza was delicious. Great crust, great sauce and a huge list of toppings to choose from. The night we were there they had a special of $1.00 pulled pork sandwiches that were quite tasty. We didn't try any of the beers but they had at least 20 different beer choices. Just a warning, if you're looking for a quite place to eat this is not the place for you. It was noisy and busy but we didn't mind at all.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Norfolk
“wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

If you want to sample San Diego's finest beers alongside great pizza this is the place.
I can say no more

Visited May 2012
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Great beer and pizza! You can take you pups and eat on the patio!!!!!

Visited March 2012
Shanghai
“San Diego in a nutshell”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

This is one of my must-go places any time I'm in San Diego. The pizzas are delicious, and they have about 30 fresh craft beers on tap. The atmosphere is extremely laid back - huge pub style tables, surfboards hanging on the walls, loud rock music coming out of the speakers. You can even get a big 64oz glass jug of beer to go...it's awesome! Try the Rhino Chaser, one of my favorite brews around.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“MMMM...Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My brother is a huge Pizza Port fan, having frequented their booths at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, so we had to eat and drink here during his visit to San Diego. It was Friday night around six, thus it was loud and crowded. We decided on a divide and conquer approach (which I highly recommend): two adults get beers, one adult scout out a table, one adult order the kids' pizza and an appetizer. Beers are excellent, and I recommend getting a variety and getting some extra plastic cups so you can make your own sampler. The pizza is very good, but really, it's about the beer. We ordered a pepperoni/jalapeno pie and the La Haina pie (like a deluxe Hawaiian). Both were very good. I actually flipped a slice of one on top of the other and made a sandwich-the pineapple helped tame the heat of the jalapeno for me. I definitely want to try some of the more veggie-centric pizzas on a return visit. Their wings are okay. Note that they are baked, not fried, so the texture is softer than a traditional wing. As for atmosphere, think German beer hall with long picnic tables and people of all ages eating, drinking, and being merry. Fix your own fountain drinks, get your own paper plates & plastic utensils, bus your table when you're done. Adults and kids left full and happy.

• Visited February 2012