“very good food, a but pricey but worth it for certain items” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“very good food, a but pricey but worth it for certain items”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

They have a flatbread served with honey comb. this is absolutely delicious. HIGHLY recommended. it is very expensive for what you are getting and they charge extra for the honeycomb which you must have with it. One usually isnt enough of the honeycomb so it is a pricey item. I believe about $20 after all is said and done, but they also have great beets, cauliflower, and other interesting dishes. you can go with small plates or a full sized meal. Service was ok. they made several mistakes but they did give us a free dessert at the end to make up for it- not that we needed more food at that point. I do recommend the place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Diego, California
“A Refreshing take on Italian Cuisne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I recently dined at Davanti Enoteca and was both surprised and pleased by their refreshingly unique menu. The restaurant is comfortable yet classy and is located in the heart of Little Italy. The servers were actually Italian and seemed pleased to be helping you. I ordered the Chicken liver pate as a starter which comes with warm rustic bread. This was a great start. For my main I tried something that I had never had before which is rare because most restaurants have menus that are fairly predictable. I ordered the uni and crab linguine which is something I would order over and over again. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to those who are adventurous yet enjoy comfort food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“They think highly of themselves”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for an Italian lunch while in Little Italy and decided to give Davanti a try. We had bruschetta, one of the pastas and a polenta with ragu sauce.
Now, I'll start off by saying that the food wasn't horrible, the flavors were pretty good, but I would consider it more Italian inspired than actual Italian. The pasta was not cooked long enough to even consider al dente, the flavors were a bit of an odd combination and the portions were quite small (except for the bruschetta).
And to give some reference, yes, I have been to Italy and know what real Italian food is like, this was not it.
Had the prices been half of what they were, I would've been okay with it. But I'm apparently paying for a pretentious atmosphere and the Little Italy address, which I refuse to do again.

Not a horrible meal, but there are much better places in Little Italy.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cornwall ON
“We had a wonderful lunch at Davanti”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

While touring Little Italy in San Diego we dropped into Davanti's for lunch. Sat in the open back patio away from the street crowd. Had a wonderful young lady for a server who was very welcoming and efficient. We shared a salad, a Margherita pizza, a roasted tomato pesto salad and a bottle of Prosecco. A wonderful combination for lunch. Can't say enough about the pizza and tomato salad, both were exceptional.
The pizza was thin crust with lots of mozzarella, the tomato salad was out of this world for taste.
The dinning experience here was wonderful and we recommend this restaurant as a good Italian eatery.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Yet another restaurant...overestimated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The restaurant looks nice, and some of the items in the menu are actually pretty good. But, being Italian, i would say that the taste is not quite right. Good fish and good starters but forget risotto: the worst I ever had probably. Too expensive for what you get

• Visited September 2013