“Not a typical Hotel Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

411 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA
Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 230 Coffee & Tea in San Diego
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Description: In the Best Western.
Description: In the Best Western.
Yuma, Az.
“Not a typical Hotel Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were expecting your (stereo) typical hotel/motel type ox experience. Not so. The Seven Seas was a pleasant surprise in the quality of food, the selection, and the service. The prices were also a surprise especially compared to a lot of the other restaurants in the area. much lower than you would expect to pay for a really great meal.

• Visited March 2013

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent staff, good food for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I ate here while staying at the Best Western (AVOID THE HOTEL). The waiter Senad was fast, polite and did an excellent job. He and his assistant need a raise. The food was good for cafe style.

Visited February 2013
california
“A great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We thought the prices were pretty standard for lunch, and truthfully, the restaurant is designed for guests in mind, and they gave us a 25% off coupon AND another 15% off coupon. We used the 25% off coupon for lunch, and I had a delicious turkey & stuffing, and my wife had a chicken wrap that she enjoyed. The service was great, and we have no complaints. The view was excellent with palm trees all around. Would recommend to anyone staying at the hotel, or anyone in the area that isn't going to whine about $15 a plate for lunch.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gravette, AR
“Great food and awesome staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We ate here 3 times while staying at the Best Western for Comic Con. The food was really good... the pizza and the appetizer platter were especially awesome (my fave part was the chicken strips). As good as the food was, the staff was BETTER. They were really sweet and personable and made you feel like family.

• Visited July 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“The food was good, the staff very helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

This restaurant is connected to a Best Western at the east end of Hotel Circle South. As I write this, I am staying not far away at a pretty good hotel with a poor restaurant, so maybe my review is a notch higher than I would have given it without that comparison. However, I don't think it's far off the mark.

I had the southwestern bean soup (described by the staff as being "like chili, only not as spicy", and that is fairly accurate. I also had the large house burger special, a big bacon cheeseburger with barbecue sauce and a generous side of fries. The soup was tasty (though served cooler than I would have liked, my only complaint about the meal), the fries were big but crispy, the burger was fine, and the refills on my iced tea endless. I enjoyed it very much. The meal may have been a tad bit overpriced (which seems endemic to this area next to UC San Diego and near enough to Sea World by auto to draw that crowd), but I didn't regret paying the check since I came away well fed and happy.

There were two waitstaff covering a moderate sized Saturday evening crowd, along with a manager, and they were all smiling all the time I was there. Service was fast and cheerful. While I wouldn't drive across town to dine here, I'll remember it the next time I'm staying nearby.

• Visited April 2012