“royally good!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,192 of 4,044 restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Downtown San Diego location. There are two others (Newport Beach and Laguna Beach, see URL for details).
Mississauga, Canada
“royally good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We enjoyed the food at Royal Thai so much that we went back again. First time, there was a group of 9 and they promptly arranged a few tables together with no fuss and has us seated and drinks in no time. Friends recommended this restaurant, especially the royal duck. It was a huge portion of 1/2 crispy duck on a nicely decorated platter that could easily have been for 2, and steamed rice. My husband had the full meal selection including appetizer, soup, main and dessert, all of which was $17.95. Wine prices were very reasonable as well. So dinner for 2 including gratuities was $60, and service was prompt and polite.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Newport, RI
“Very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were very pleased with our dinner. Good variety.

I had a salad and spring rolls rather than a full meal. Large portion sizes.

The others in my party ordered from a prix fixe menu. Large portions, reasonably priced for all that they got. Appetizer, entree, dessert. Although I didn't have any of their meal, they were very pleased. One member of our party returned a couple nights later.

Good location, in the heart of the Gaslamp district. If I were in the area again and craving Thai, I'd return.

Good service as well and nice atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
New London, Connecticut, United States
“Good Food, Superb Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had dinner at the Royal Thai Cuisine on April 23, 2013. I was promptly seated and given a menu upon arrival. The menu contained an extensive variety of Thai cuisines. I ordered the Oodles of Noodles along with a Sam Adams beer. I received my food within 5 minutes after placing my order. My meal contained a very generous serving of thai noodles with chicken and shrimp along with a variety of vegetables. My dinner was cooked to perfection, and everything tasted good. The price for my dinner was $10.95, which is very reasonable. If you are looking for good tasting thai food at very reasonable prices and good service, the Royal Thai Cuisine is a viable option.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Quite satisfied for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We wandered in off the street and got the 4 course menu special. We were pretty pleased. Fast service, and decent food. Our entrees were not very spicy, though. They tasted more like Chinese than Thai. But the Thai iced teas were yummy, and we went away quite satisfied for the money.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Quick and tasty lunch place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Food was very good! I had the chicken pad thai, my go-to dish if I am in a hurry. They were quick and responsive. Great lunch specials and the prices are great! Not very expensive and the quality and quantity of food is great!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Royal Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Royal Thai Cuisine, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.