“Love this place...& I am picky.” 5 of 5 stars

6110 Friars Road Ste. 101, San Diego, CA
619 2944404
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,942 of 3,683 Restaurants in San Diego
“Love this place...& I am picky.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We eat there at least once a week. The Bad Kitty roll is delicious! All their food tastes very fresh and we have never had a bad experience. The plus? They do not have their liquor license so they gladly welcome bringing in a bottle of your own wine or beer. They will provide cups and an opener with no service charge. Great local place.

• Visited September 2013

“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I wish I could rate -5... The worst Japanese restaurant in San Diego. The worst Susie or any other Japanese food I've ever had.
Customer service sucks. I don't know they don't know English and misunderstand or don't pay attention. I got my to go order wrong, when I called them, all they could say was sorry, that was what you ordered. I kept saying you repeated my order and that was what I wanted. The answer was just sorry. Another time when we ate there, my daughter didn't touch her food instead boxing her food, the girl said she threw it away and if I wanted I could buy it for half price. Of course I was not happy about it and didn't pay for their just OK food and my 8 year old daughter was very mad. This place is close to my office and that's why I went a few times thinking maybe it was just one time thing. This place is always empty although they keep offering coupons for half price. I would not even go for free.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“My favorite sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

we go there often. This place has unique rolls and a lot of goodies like the jalapeno poppers, I like their daily specials at 5 bucks.

• Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“So much better sushi out there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Maybe I should have listened to the other review and stuck with the banana cheesecake, but we did not care for this place at all. The service was terrible, there wasn't a single other person in the restaurant and it was 6:30pm (Mr. Peabody's next door was packed!) and the food was not good at all. We ordered a couple different items and all tasted like grocery store sushi. With so many sushi options in San Diego I know that you can do better than this!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“pancho villa roll was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

it was very affordable and good quality. the banana cheesecake was delicious..

• Visited February 2012