“Pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Mission Valley

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Mission Valley to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Mission Valley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5399 Adobe Falls Road, San Diego, CA 92120 (Formerly Quality Inn near Qualcomm Stadium)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #120 of 269 hotels in San Diego
California
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Picked this place because it was near the starting line of a half-marathon I was participating in that weekend. I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised by the accomodations. My room was very clean and the amenities were all in excellent condition. The complimentary breakfast was perfect after my race and the pool was clean and refreshing for the summer weather. The only complaint I can think of would be the stairs. On one set of stairs, the top step was taller than usual and would make for the occaisonal awkward stumble on the way up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here for the labor day weekend and it was pretty good. Clean rooms, decent beds and working equipment. My friends complained of the location being a little noisy at night but I was too tired after a long day to be disturbed by anything. The location is quite convenient as it's off the highway. The breakfast was fair but I wish the area was bigger. It had only 2 tables and lots of people. We were told we could use the pool area too for seating. Wifi was available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lawton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

First the people were very friendly and helpful! The breakfast was good, would of been nice to have some eggs and a meat but you get to make your own waffles, they have fresh fruit, milk, juice, cereal, bagels among other things so by far better than a regular old continental breakfast! The room was great, could not have been any cleaner if we were the first persons to stay there and the fact that it was recently remodeled shows. We were there for my sons Marine graduation and his Uncle stayed at a more expensive hotel by the bay and had to change rooms 3 times then ended up changing hotels all together and still didn't get one with a working A/C. He got no fridge or microwave with his room either, that was an extra cost, my room came with both at no extra cost along with a coffee pot, hair drier and iron. The new A/C in this room kept it really cold in the room just like we like it. The bathtub was so clean with the new tile and tub it didn't even have a water stain anywhere. Had 2 queen beds that are almost as comfortable as my double pillow top at home! Nice soft fluffy pillows! The only bad thing we could say about our whole 4 day stay there was the pool is very small, but worse than that is the fact that it is either not heated or they had not turned it on yet, so the water was too chilly to swim. But I can live with that for the extra comfort of the stay. Also the interstate was not too far from my room but I heard nothing over the steady hum of my A/C. The free WiFi worked good, not real fast but reliable, and the parking lot was a tight fit the free parking was a added bonus considering some hotels in San Diego charge up to $38 a night to park in their lot! Would stay there again any time! Thanks for making our stay so comfortable!!!

Burbank, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We booked this hotel through priceline. When we got there, the manager was working the front desk and told us our room would be a smoking room. I am 7 months pregnant and have a 1 year old so I said this was not okay. He never once apologized for the situation he just said there was nothing he would do about it. He said it was because we had booked through priceline and that's all they had. My husband went outside and called priceline, and they put him on hold to call the manager. I heard him tell them he wouldn't do anything to help the situation. He was very uncaring and rude. I think someone in the motel business should be friendly and at least helpful. Will never stay there again!!!!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Make sure your AC is working before you unpack. They actually switched my AC unit with the one from the lobby while I was out of the room the next day so I could get cooling for my second night since they had no other rooms. Definitely went the extra mile to correct the problem but gave no price adjustment or discount for not having AC on my first night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

+ Cost effective. Good Value.
+ Got a room upgrade.
+Easy access from the I-8 and other freeways. <10min from Sea world with regular traffic.
= Small-ish rooms but manageable.
- Very small breakfast place, just 4 small tables with hardly any room to move around.
-Half of the rooms are facing the freeway. Significant amount of road-noise, which is audible to some extent with doors and windows closed. wasn't a big issue for me personally, but for many folks in the US, road noise is usually an issue.

Room Tip: I think rooms with number higher than 119 or 219 are facing the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pratik S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Mission Valley, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. Breakfast can get crowded due to the limited space we have in the lobby breakfast room. We encourage guests to take a seat at the tables by the pool if they cannot find a seat in the breakfast room. All of these tables have an umbrella so you can relax outdoors in the shade.

I hope your trip to Sea World went great. It's one of my favorite places to go to in San Diego. We hope to see you during your next trip to San Diego.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Over exceeded my expectations!
It's really scary to look for a hotel online. You take a look at the pictures and in your mind you are unsure if the pictures are from the hotel's Grand Opening or present day. Needless to say I was nervous, especially being that I referred most of my group there! I felt as if I was going in blind and on fate. When I arrived I released a sigh of relief! I was so excited at the site of our modern rooms! Modern from the flat screen T. V to the comforter on the beds and the curtains on the windows. I felt comfortable instantly! The room looks exactly like the pictures! To top everything off Mike was really awesome from start to finish. I would definitely stay there again! Mike, we'll be back same time next year! Go Maricopa Heat :-)

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We enjoyed hosting your team. I hope you have a wonderful season and we look forward to your stay next year.

Been to Rodeway Inn Mission Valley? Share your experiences!