“Cheap, reasonable cheap” 3 of 5 stars

4747 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92110 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Ranked #222 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
“Cheap, reasonable cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I hotel is a small hotel on the edge of old town by the train station. It is. 1 star with cheap beds and furniture and 40 channels of TV. But it does have a great location.
I would stay there again if I needed. Cheap hotel that was safe and family friendly. They do have an armed quard on duty.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Older two story Motel with 2-3 buildings and Pool and Jacuzzi near Old Town, but situated on an industrialized Aerospace Industry area along PCH. This is a low cost Motel reminiscent of a Days Inn or Howard Johnson's from the 70's. Plenty of parking, an evening Guard for complex. Pool and Jacuzzi open until 10pm. Here are a couple of rare qualities in San Diego.....A/C in rooms, and no extra charge for a pet! Walk to Old Town in 5-10 minutes, or drive to Airport in same. My room was dated, but who cares for $47. w/ tax and safe parking? Certainly not me. It may be one of the best deals in southern California. The Staff and Guard could be transplanted to a fancier place, but they seem happy!

Room Tip: There is a menu in rooms for Italian Bistro delivery from the University area. I can't recall th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I do NOT understand why people are making such a stink about this place. They must be too sensitive or are expecting a five star hotel for the price. Get real ya'll. For the price (130 for three nights) it is great. My bed is comfortable, my room is clean, it has no order at all, NO bugs, the staff is hilarious, security guy is awesome, room neighbors are quiet, and as for the noise, if you're going to be a sissy use ear plugs. Its not even bad without them but I'm a light sleeper and always use them no matter where I go. I am happy with my choice and especially happy with the price.

• Stayed March 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed about a week rooms were decent service was ok the rooms were clean atleast no bugs.. loved it was close to Old Town...beautiful!!! Staff were helpful on locations bus routes trolley times! Only thing was there were a lot of shady people! Did have officer patrolling so that was ok

Stayed June 2013
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my wife, stayed here for two nights. It was an excellent experience. Very convenient, walk to old town. Our room was very clean, everything was nice, our bed was comfortable. The staff was incredibly nice. The security was great, they did ask us twice when we came and left, due too the shift change. After they saw is come and go, we didn't get stopped. Tv was great, with the picture. My car stayed parked, and didn't have too worry about finding parking at Old Town. We had an amazing time. I was skeptical, because I read that there maybe be roaches. However there was NONE!! The only down fall, was our toilet making the hissing noise. Which was resolved, by closing the door. Excellent time for this newly wedded couple! We will be returning, the price for it was great. Well worth it!

• Stayed December 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

It was not a good experience! scary people around and the motel. The room was not clean! the bathroom was dirty. We couldnt sleep much because of the train. The only good thing about this motel is the parking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cotia, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

The EZ8 motel is a good place to stay over if you are looking just for a place to sleep. When I went to San Diego, I just wanted to explore the city during the weekend. So it was the perfect alternative for me. Very cheap with everything I needed. A place to sleep and take a shower.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to E-Z 8 Motel Old Town? Share your experiences!