“Average, just make sure you get a non smoking room” 3 of 5 stars

Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3333 Channel Way, San Diego, CA 92110   |
Ranked #229 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Reggio Emilia, Italy
“Average, just make sure you get a non smoking room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had booked a non smoking room through booking.com but when we got to the inn we were told that it was just a 'request' and that none were available so we would have to stay in a smoking room but that in the morning we could check to see if any non smoking rooms became available. The smoking room that were had to stay in the first night was TERRIBLE. Everything about it was bad: The odor was overwhelming and everything was old, worn and torn-- I couldn't eat in the room as the smell made me feel sick; I wanted to leave. Luckily, the next morning we were able to move into a non smoking room which was new and clean and had a nice view of the pool and fireworks at night.
Pros:
-In the morning coffee and pastries were available in the lobby.
-There is free wifi available which disconnected often if too many people were using it.
-The parking is free.
-A variety of fast food chains and grocery stores within walking distance
-Family friendly

Room Tip: If you have a room that faces the pool you get to see a free fireworks display every night that is p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Laurence B, General Manager at Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I would like to apologize for the negative experience with the smoking room on your recent stay with us. But I was happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a non-smoking room that allowed you to enjoy the fireworks display at night. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Diego.

Laurence Bergin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My son is stationed in San Diego and my daughter in law went into labor a month early, so we needed a place to stay for a few nights. Very clean. Great location. The price was right for my budget. Comfy beds. Staff was friendly. Always someone walking around keeping the property clean. I will be staying there again soon.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Heritage Inn San Diego. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Diego.

Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Two of us shared a room with 2 queen beds, and it had all the basics that we needed. However, I had asked for a room without the spray often used to cover up smells. There was a strong sweet smell (the spray) trying to cover up a sour smell (possibly mildew). It was bearable till it was transferred from the bottom of my luggage to the inside of my car when I left. When I got home, I put my air cleaner in the car for 4 hours and then sprayed the suitcase and back inside part of the car with fabreze to get rid of the odor.

Aside from that, the location is great. We enjoyed the jacuzzi and also watched the fireworks at Sea World both nights.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Laurence B, General Manager at Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
I am sorry to learn that all aspects of your stay were not as they should have been and I hope you will accept my apologies on behalf of all concerned. I will review your comments with our Housekeeping staff to ensure lessons are learned from your experience.

general Manager
St. Maarten
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was a great discovery.
The king room was clean and well appointed. The only thing I found odd was the top corner of the top sheet had what looked like melted wax on them. It didn't prevent me from sleeping as they were clean sheets. The front desk gal Chrissy or something close to that was an absolute doll. She's well informed on what to do, where to dine, etc.
I will be stating here next year.

Stayed June 2014
laurencebergin768, General Manager at Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We have been making great efforts to provide the type of service that you have described and striving to provide a quality stay for every guest. We look forward to seeing you again on your return to San Diego.

Los, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and my overall experience was great. The hotel was close to all the main attractions and all the staff was very friendly and helpful. Especially the front desk receptionist Rosa she answered all my questions and made me fell welcome. I definitely will stay here again the next time I'm in San Diego.

• Stayed May 2014
laurencebergin768, General Manager at Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
I would like to personally thank you for your recent review. I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Diego. Once again, thank you for your positive comments.

AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed one Saturday night in May and the room was clean and quiet. According to the management, the rooms are in the process of being renovated and we happen to get a renovated room. I gave it a score of 4/5 and titled my review "Better than what you might first think... " because you might get discouraged from choosing the Heritage Inn from based on some of the recent reviews, and the appearance of the buildings. Give it a try. We will for three more nights this July. I will write a follow-up review...

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
My sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. Your positive comments are very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again in July.

Glendale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here at the Heritage Inn recently for 5 nights and it was one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed. When I was looking for a hotel for our vacation I was looking for a place that accepts pets, has wifi and that is by the water. This hotel had what I was looking for and was, what I thought was a decent rate. For our stay this hotel averaged about $107.00 per night, which included a pet fee along with a fee for electricity. Really they charge $2.00 a night for electricity, its not much but come on. As we got into our room it showed that their rates were way too high for what we got, plus they advertised that their average rates are about $125.00 per night which is ridiculous. The bed was awful and the carpet filthy. The free continental breakfast was a muffin and a cup of coffee, which was limited to 2 per person.
On Saturday night when we returned to the hotel there was absolutely NO parking at all. Nothing in the lot or along the road by the hotel. There was a semi cab taking up at least 2 spots and when we told the front desk the lady said she can't do anything about it, um yea get it towed or call the cops. Then on Sunday night there were at least 4 cars that were parked in 2 spots and again the lady at the front desk said there was nothing that she can do. Which is crazy considering upon check in you are required to give them your license plate number and car make and model.
This hotel says that they are pet friendly, well the area for your pet is in the back corner of the lot and is a 10x10 of just dirt. The hotel was quite noisy and the guests in the room next to us were smoking pot all weekend. I didnt realize we were staying in a party hotel. I absolutely will NEVER stay here again and will be passing on how terrible this place was.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
laurencebergin768, General Manager at Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our best for all our guests, but unfortunately , sometimes we fail. I will look into each issue that you noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel. I would invite you to contact me personally at 619-23-9500 to discuss this with you further. (email is lbergin@heritagehotelgroup.com)

Heritage Inn San Diego

Been to Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World? Share your experiences!