“Love It” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
San Diego, CA
“Love It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

San-eLee is one of my son's favorite restaurants so we were happy to find out that they have opened another restaurant in North County San Diego. My only complaint is they charge extra for rice. We have only done take out, almost once a week since they opened, so just cook our own. The restaurant is very clean and service is prompt. Would certainly recommend it if you like Thai food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, California
“Authentic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

One of my main go to's again and again. This is superb Thai food with clean bright flavors a very local crowd and super sweet Ladies cookin up some hella hot stuff. If you are not accustom to very very hot try "no spice" since the majority of the dishes have fresh Thai Chili in varying degrees of heat. 1-10 heat scale here = 1-3 minimal heat, 5 is HOT and 8+ is definitely for someone who's been here before or be forewarned! Excellent food! Papaya Salad, Fresh Young Coconut, Larb, Panang to die for, Sticky Rice, Garlic Pepper Pork or Shrimp, amazing Soups, any noodle but lovin the Crab. Atmosphere is typical local tiny family style 3rd world. Cash only.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Shhh! Don't tell anyone...This place is the real deal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I am lucky enough to live in the neighborhood! Sab E Lee serves the best Thai food in the area! They only have a couple of tables so if you like, order or pickup. They take cash only but really this is the only thing that is a complaint. The prices are right! I am a huge fan of the papaya salad, pad thai, panang, and the crab fried rice! Oh yeah, if you can get the mango sticky rice you won't be sorry. After woofing down the meal I repeatedly rave about how lucky I am to know this place. Totally awesome and easy on the wallet!

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San DIego
“Interesting menu-many items I would like to try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

This was my first visit to this restaurant--do not let the location or the size of the place fool you. It is a small place with only a few tables, but very cozy. Located on a corner along with several other establishments--so plenty of parking, (there is also parking in the back)

We had the Pork Larb and the Fried Rice. The portions were generous and plenty to share for the two of us. If you visit their site you can find an on-line menu. The food was favorable but could have been a little more spicy for my taste. They do ask how spicy you like the dish, so be careful, you can always add heat but can not take it out!

I would not make a special trip to eat here, but would stop in if I was in the area. Don't get me wrong, the food was good just not my preference.

• Visited August 2011