“Wow night & day since our first visit” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Yuma, Arizona
“Wow night & day since our first visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We always planned to stop there when we were in SD & have told several friends about it. We recently (7/23/13) took family there that were visiting us and really talked it up on our way there. I have never been more embarrassed! We ordered the same thing I always do and at the same heat rating, but it was inedible. It was beyond spicy....even for my Indian boyfriend and his mom & they can do spicy! Too add to the catastrophe was having the same waiter we've previously commented on as outstanding mock us all the way from our table and into the kitchen when we told him it was too spicy to eat. We heard him do the same thing to the table seated behind us when they told him the same thing. Their motto is something along the lines as, "We treat guests as our gods." They verbally told us this the first time we visited (and rated them a 5-star restaurant) & their menu has it printed on there; however, the service alone made a mockery of their motto and caused us to re-review this one as a 1-star restaurant. Unfortunately, we will not be back & I always had my mouth water when I thought of their food.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Iowa City, Iowa
“Truly Authentic Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went there for dinner just to have some Indian food, and was nicely surprised with the authentic food they served. They had nice welcoming staff, who provided fast service. Definitely recommend this place for good Indian food; however, make sure to call for reservation in advance since they do not have lots of tables.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newbury Park,CA
“So glad we found this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and 3 daughters ate lunch here yesterday. The restaurant is located in a very ugly strip mall with terrible parking. We ended up parking on the street but didn't mind once we walked into the place. Nice atmosphere, pretty music and friendly staff greeted us as we entered. We were seated right away. With the exception of my 11-year old who is not a fan of Indian food, we all thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Four of us ordered the lunch special which is a great deal. Lentil soup with 2 lunch-sized entrees, basmati rice and naan for $6.95. My youngest ordered the Chicken Momo dumplings. She wasn't crazy about them but the rest of us loved them. My husband and 15-year old daughter ordered their Chicken Tikka Masala and Chicken Chilly with a 9-scale of spiciness. They are both crazy for spicy and I was entertained by their red smiling faces as they wiped their noses and eyes. Finally food that was spicy enough for them! I ordered my Tikka Masala and Coconut Vegetable Curry with a 7-scale. Absolutely perfect for me! Just enough heat but not so much that I couldn't taste the other complex flavors. My 13-year old ordered her meal with a 1-scale which was perfect for her. This was the first time she really enjoyed Indian food and I was so proud of her for trying something new! We ordered some Garlic-Cilantro Naan also and it was sublime! Just the right ratio of thin crisp with soft chewiness. My husband and I shared a Kingfisher beer which was excellent for helping cool the heat. Will be back the next time we visit San Diego. Wish this place was in my town!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Canada
“Very Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I love Indian Food but I'm generally unfair to Indian Restaurants. If the food doesn't taste exactly like my favorite place I don't really enjoy it.

This place was the exception.

I enjoyed everything they put in front of me. I ordered a lot and couldn't finish, but everything tasted just as good when I reheated it a few days later in my hotel room.

They had some sort of soup as a complimentary starter. I ordered the pakora, Garlic naan, rice and the butter chicken.

The place had a nice atmosphere as well.

Huntsville, AL
“Fabulous place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I love taking a stop here to just enjoy the food. The restaurant itself is in a dive of a strip mall. From the outside it looks like a place to avoid. However, once you are inside, you will be surprised at what they know how to cook. It is somewhere between Indian and Chinese in flavoring. It has the subtle blends of Indian cooking, but they back off on the quantity of the spice. It is also not quite Chinese either. They are somewhere in between -- just like the geography of where it comes from.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere