“Welcome SURPRISE!” 5 of 5 stars

Managers Special 15% OFF
Ranked #143 of 269 hotels in San Diego
“Welcome SURPRISE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Red Roof Inn, very recently renovated, was a million cuts above others we've stayed in. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, the bathroom clean and well-stocked, and they accepted our small dogs with no charge. The location is awesome, the staff bright and cheery and eager to please - and the nightly rate is the lowest we've found in the area! HOORAY....high praise!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofMgmt, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Pacific Beach, San Diego, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I really appreciate your valuable input regarding your recent stay with us, and I will gladly share this review with our hotel team members. Please come back and visit us soon.

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I will start off by saying I am an extremely picky traveler.. well picky at everything.. but I was soo pleasantly surprised at this particular hotel. My husband and 2 children decided last minute we wanted a nice vacay to San Diego and came across this hotel in which my husband gets a nice discount for being a truck driver.. The area was very decent, extremely close to the beaches, zoo, shopping etc.. I loved the fact that there was a refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and a large flat screen tv in this room! We recently stayed at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas (for a good amount of $) that didn't even have these amenities! To top it off we got a nice complementary breakfast to start our crazy day!! Yes, the rooms are small but I definitely say worth it for the price! Ohh, and the children enjoyed the decent sized heated pool in the evening! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay with us. We continually strive to provide our guest with great customer service, well amenitized rooms, a convenient central location all at an affordable price. We hope to see you back soon.
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good location, clean rooms, good value. One bed rooms are very small. Would stay again when in San Diego area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I found this hotel to look average outside, however I was pleasantly surprised to see the renovation work that had been done inside. My wife and I stayed on Sept 12th the room was nice but was small and the staff was kind and moved us to a larger one. Everything was fine until we realized there were more guest in our room with us. BUGS... Earwigs to be exact, I complained to the clerk, she said "yes I saw one here too" I quietly killed two of them as a Veteran I've had some experience with this overseas..... but then one crawled on my wife while she lay in bed... OMG! My wife couldn't take it.... We moved to the hotel across the street for the rest of the week. I never heard from management and just consider the money to be a loss. I can no longer recommend my fellow Veterans Stay with them. I used to always send people there. How disappointing this experience was.

Room Tip: find another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I love how close we are to everything we were about 15 minutes to just anywhere in San Diego. We came to see Sea World & the San Diego Zoo. They offered discounts to both attractions and the staff was so helpfull. When we called down for maid service they sent someone up within 5 minutes & everything was so clean. I love the renovation the wood floors are the best. Only bad experience was the noise 1 night we called the FD & the man working Dave I think was his name was very rude when we told him about it. He said the people had just checked in to give them a couple minutes to settle down but there was a nice way of saying this & he didn't seem very "customer friendly" but everyone else was great even housekeeping they were very nice I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn - Pacific Beach, San Diego? Share your experiences!