I booked a room here mainly because of the location and that the rooms were recently renovated and did not have carpeting. The rooms did not have a bad odor like a lot of motel rooms.
However, even though there was an elevator, it was not working while I was there, so I had to haul my suitcase up the stairs to the second floor. Since my room was in the rear of the motel, it was fairly quiet at night. It was a very small room, and was difficult to move around in. Since I was alone, that was less of a problem. If I had had someone else with me, it would have been very cramped. The bathroom was very large, however, and had a tub.
The bed was too soft for me. The towels in the room had stains on them and there was only one washcloth that was stained and partly shredded, so I asked for additional towels and washcloths, which seemed cleaner. the maid I spoke with was very helpful.
The wireless internet never worked for me while I was there. When I complained to the front desk clerk, she just said she would give me the tech support number I would have to call to try to get it to work. Since I did not have time for that, I never got connected.
I did see a couple of bugs in the room while I was there, but nothing major. I went to the breakfast room one morning only, and found the selection very limited, so did not try to eat there again.
The rates were not very low, since it was a holiday weekend. The weekday rate was about half of the Saturday night rate. The location was good for me, but don't think I will stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the heart of San Diego, the Red Roof Inn San Diego Pacific Beach/Seaworld Area is near beautiful Mission Bay Park—the largest manmade aquatic park in the world. We’re within 10 minutes to some of San Diego’s most popular attractions, including SeaWorld, the world famous San Diego Zoo, Mission Beach, Valley view Casino Center, Old Town San Diego, Fashion Valley Mall, and University of San Diego. Within 15-20 minutes of Red Roof San Diego, you’ll find La Jolla Cove, Qualcomm Stadium, Balboa Park, Harbor Cruises with whale watching, Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala, USS Midway Museum, the GasLamp Quarter, Petco Park, University Town Centre Mall, Mission Valley Mall, Seaport Village, Horton Plaza, the University of California San Diego, the California Western Center of Law, and San Diego State University, and LEGOLAND. We are also near many military bases and also within walking distance of several restaurants. Our comfortable rooms offer high speed wireless internet, in-room coffee makers, cable TV, microwaves, refrigerators, and hairdryers. Our hotel has a business center, and a deluxe breakfast each morning. With our easy access to so many of San Diego’s fun destinations, it’s easy to see why we’re the ideal choice for your stay!ed Roof San Diego Pacific Beach/SeaWorld has recently been renovated and has 100% non-smoking guestrooms and features a free continental breakfast from 7 to 10 am every morning, a business center with a free PC and printer for guests’ use, a guest laundry, free wireless internet in all guest rooms and throughout the building, and free onsite parking for cars, trucks, and vans. Our comfortable guest rooms have Cable TV, featuring HBO, CNN, ESPN and Disney; data ports; hair dryers, iron/ironing boards and in-room coffee makers; and free microwaves and mini-fridges in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn - Pacific Beach, San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn - Pacific Beach, San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hotel At Mission Bay Seaworld