“GREAT service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“GREAT service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great service better staff big thank you for making my stay unforgettable. Awesome location only a block from the beach great shops and local business. we will be back next year!
.....
,,.
,.,.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I booked this room on Hotels Tonight at a great rate compared to the usual place we stay @ the Pacific Terrace... So thought, until the hotel charged me too. So I double paid for the room even though when I check in the guy said the credit card was for incidentals... Which makes no sense since there are none (not a mini bar kind of hotel!!) When I called to correct the problem the F/O girl had no idea why they charged me since it clearly stated 3rd party booking on my information. Good thing I check my charges all the time. It's been 6 days & still no credit. The room was very basic, that was the description on the app. the room had an awful Pinesol smell when arrived so we bought a candle & opened all the windows. The next day put the clean room sign out (since they knocked while we were still the at 8am) but someone flipped it to do not disturb so our room was never cleaned. Probably a good thing since we got there late the room was not dirty & we did not have to smell Pinesol the next night... That smell is so offensive!! The only major issue I had at the time was I would have preferred a room not on the busy street, but since I booked HT I'm sure they save the good rooms for full paying clients. They charged me the same rates as HT which I thought was odd... It was a last minute get away for my teenage daughter & myself so it was fine since we spent most of the time out of the room. great location to all the stuff we love in PB.

Room Tip: ask for a room not on the busy street.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

I look forward to my summer vacation every year! I always stay at PB Surf Beachside Inn. It is clean, affordable, excellent location, safe with nice amenities. The staff is always accommodating. I am going again in August and really looking forward to staying at this very friendly hotel!! I give it a 10+

Room Tip: Courtyard is good
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Having never stayed in the area, booked this hotel a couple of months in advance with the assistance of the hotel property manager and could not have been more pleased with our decision to spend a weekend at the PB Surf Beachside Inn. This hotel has been renovated within the last year... the room we stayed in was basic, on the small side but very clean, modern (great shower and HDTV) and functional. Those things being important, the real plus here is the great location and proximity to the beach and happenings in Pacific Beach! Property also has an excellent courtyard and third deck for relaxing and enjoying sunsets. Hotel employees were pleasant and very accomodating. We look forward to returning!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are best for views and access to the deck. Rooms on the first floor with co...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

Hotel was clean and in a great location. Easy walk to the beach and amenities. Just north of the busy area so a lot quieter. Close to great restaurants and beer gardens. No rental car necessary to enjoy all the Pacific Beach has to offer.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

The hotel is just a block from the boardwalk and beach. The room was clean and pretty inexpensive. It was a bit loud as my room faced the courtyard area but nothing too bad. Walkable to restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: As for a room not facing the courtyard. Also, my room had an accessible bathroom and I found the sh...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Riverside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

Me, my husband, my sister and two of my kids (2 and 4) went here for an overnight stay on January 2015. The place was nice and clean..Good size for five of us. I read reviews that the place was dirty and run down but i guess they renovated it..The only thing i see is a paint chip by the bathroom and the toilet needs to be change, not because its dirty but when it flushes, the handle needs to be place a certain way so theres water in the tank. It was just weird. It was really close to the beach. The management was really nice. They let us borrow a wine opener. They also have free parking and free breakfast (bread, juice, coffee) nothing fancy. The best thing about our trip was when i forgot my charger for my laptop they were very helpful to send it to me. I would recommend it to other people since a good customer service always win.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We will always do whatever we can to help make every guest experience one that will be remembered in a favorable way. Thank you so much for staying with us! We look forward to your return visit.

Been to PB Surf Beachside Inn? Share your experiences!