“Highly Recommend!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Texas, United States
“Highly Recommend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I give this 4 stars only bc it did not have free wifi, but despite that great looking hotel both inside/outside and very friendly staff. Rooms looked brand new, were clean, and were great. Hotel also in great location! Walking distance to several shops and restaurants and only a couple of minutes away from other beaches.

It was my first time out to PB and glad I had a good place to stay. So glad I found a great deal on Groupon but even then I would have not minded paying their average rate! Well worth it

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the Groupon as well, and hope you will stay with us again in the near future! Please do let us know you have stayed with us previously, as this gives you some discount off of our rack rate. Thank you again for your comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I bought this hotel stay on Groupon and was a little worried about what I might find when I arrived. I am happy to say it's one of the BEST places I have stayed. The room was very clean and pretty! The shower was amazing and the staff is as pleasant as anyone can be! We have stayed in much more expensive places and didn't enjoy it nearly as much. The location is amazing. Very near the Ocean and the Boardwalk! Many shops and restaurants are walking distance. Love, Love, Love everything about the place! One slight issue?? No free WI Fi. Not a problem for me but I think it was $6. and they did say they are working on making it a free charge in the near future. I used my phone so it was not an issue for me.

Room Tip: We stayed in the One Story building and loved the quiet. Parking very close as well to this building...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you!!! Your comments are very nice, and we are striving to be a good clean property with a very friendly staff. The WiFi will be free very soon, and the $6 charge will go away. We definitely hope to see you again soon!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Friendly staff, spacious and clean bedroom, close to everything you need in PB, awesome location in an amazing city ! I definitely recommend it to all...
Thanks to Allison who helped me and my friend to find this great hotel to stay in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
I'm very happy we were able to help you and Allison with your hotel stay while enjoying our great city! Thank you!!
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Booked our room last minute. Front desk service was extremely accommodating. Even upgraded our room. Rooms were very clean. Location was short walk to beach, shops and restaurants. Park the car until the drive home.

• Stayed March 2014
When we can, we are generally very happy to upgrade a guest!! Especially when the guest has either had a long trip, or has a very special occasion they are celebrating. Thank you very much for staying with us! We hope you will book in advance the next time!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I had a bad experience with this hotel. I said to the guy at check-in that I opted to pay my stay in cash, and he still asked for my credit card. When I checked out (I actually paid in cash), an amount of money (the same as in the bill) was still taken from, and then returned to my credit card, resulting in a loss of EUR 23 ($30) from my bank account. The woman at reception desk told me that the process is automatic and she can do nothing. It's really unacceptable, and this is the first time in my life I've experienced such ironic problem with a hotel. I believe that this was a mistake and doubt that the receptionist was honest with her answer.

I detected the loss several days after I left the hotel, and tried to contact the hotel for this. Surprisingly, I didn't find any contacting email of the hotel. I tried to contact one of their receptionists for notifying the problem (I get her email address during my stay). However, I haven't received any response so far.

Regarding the hotel, it's very far from downtown and main attractions of San Diego. The wall is thin so that you may wake up during the night for the noise from the neighbours. The window opens to a shared corridor so that we had to close it everytime.

Given the conditions of the hotel, and its unprofessional staffs, I would never choose this hotel again when I return to San Diego.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are still sorry about the charge, and the immediate credit back to your credit card. It was definitely a mistake by us, and we do take responsibility for that. The good news is that I have agreed to pay for your loss and again do apologize for the brief mistake. We still hope you will try us again. Thank you for taking the time to make your comments!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ok, the not so good things first. (Read keeping in mind we LOVED our stay) There was a mix up with our reservation. We were supposed to have two queen beds, and only had one. Luckily my sister had backed out of the trip and it was just my mother and I so it worked for us. I'm sure they would have done what they could have to fix it if we had really needed it too.

Our room was very clean, with nice furnishings, although a little tight. To open the nightstand draw you had to make sure you pushed on the AC unit a little to make room. The pocket door to the bathroom didn't have any sort of hardware or handle to help open or close it, and you can hear right through.

All that said my mother and I LOVED it and are planning to come back and stay again sometime in the future. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful and accommodating. I was having back surgery the Monday after this weekend trip and the desk clerk gave me extra pillows and even remembered when I was leaving and told me good luck. The bed was also pretty comfortable even given my severe back pain.

The location could not be more perfect. There are some really amazing places to eat within walking distance and the staff is able to make some recommendations. There is beach access right at the end of the block. There is a pier very close, and lots of safe clean areas to walk. A greenhouse and nursery close so my mother got to get her plant fix in February, even though it was still snowing back home for her. We never had an issue parking either. You might have to drive around just a little to find street parking but it was totally manageable. We were always parked on the block with our hotel too so never had to walk far.

Our room was located right next to the office on the first floor and right off the main parking lot and didn't have a problem with noise. There wasn't a rowdy crowd while we were there and never had an issue with excessive noise. We did turn on the AC at night and the white noise of that covered up whatever was going on outside.

Long story short we would highly recommend staying here to anyone!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
I'm so happy we were able to turn your first impression around into something very favorable! I remember you, and I do hope you will return again and will call us directly for your reservations the next time. It was a pleasure for us as well to have you as our guest, and I sincerely hope every stay in the future is at least as good as your first! Thank you for your comments.
Netanya, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

A great place to stay at a very affordable price. The bed was excellent, as well as everything else in the room. Mind that there isn't a safe in the room. It got a bit loud at night from outside, but nothing too terrible. Randy the receptionist was very friendly and helpful.
The room wasn't ready on time and we got in an hour late, but we didn't mind at all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for your very nice review! And, I will inform Randy of your comments. We hope to see you again soon!!!!

Been to PB Surf Beachside Inn? Share your experiences!