“Good find” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 273 Hotels in San Diego
York, England
“Good find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We really liked this place. Was a little unsure at first as many of the review were first time reviews and this seemed a little fishy to me but the hotel lives up to it's billing.

Not sure if we paid more for a bigger room as we booked through laterooms but we had a corner room and it was huge and had a table with chairs plus a big bed, microwave and coffee maker. Close to the beach. Really close.

Was clean with new towels every day although it got a lower review as the coffee pods were not replenished everyday nor was the toilet paper.

I don't think you'd be disappointed if you book this place but do go for a bigger corner room if possible.

Room Tip: Book a corner room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you! I do wish all of the rooms were corner rooms! Regarding the reviews, I do seriously encourage my guest service agents to ask our guests to please write a review if possible. Randy is very assertive, therefore receiving a lot of feedback, and Alpha is at the property almost every day as well. We are really pushing for reviews as we are a new property with almost no prior exposure. Thank you for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Rooms are clean and spacious with all amenities. Customer service is friendly from check in to check out. Awesome beach experience. So much to do in neighboring area! Staff is very professional and accommodating. Our family is big in numbers and we loved the special attention from the staff. We had a great vacation and made many new memories. Would definitely recommend the PB Surf Beach side Inn to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff was very helpful and friendly! We do hope you will come back and stay with us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I booked a room here last minute and was very impressed from the time I walked in. I walked in before my room was ready so they kindly let us leave our bags behind the front desk in called us as soon as a room was ready. Randy and Alpha at the front desk were very helpful and nice during our arrival. The beds are super comfortable and
the rooms all have mini fridges, which is helpful during travel. We opened our windows and had an amazing beach breeze.
We were so impressed we tried to extend our stay but unfortunately they are fully booked. Definitely booking advance for this place!

• Stayed August 2013
I'm very sorry to hear that we were too booked up to extend your stay with us. But, we are so happy you wanted to, and hope that you will come back again very soon!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel, as the title indicates, was amazing. The rooms were very nice, very clean, comfortable, and appealing to the eye. The staff were great as well. One particular guy, Randy, went out of his way to make sure that our stay was nothing short of excellent. This was definitely a great experience for my family and I. The location is wonderful as well, so close to the beach! This was our first time visiting San Diego and we will more than likely be going back and staying at this hotel. GREAT PLACE, WONDERFUL STAFF!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We'll take "amazing!" Thank you for the great review of our place . We do hope you will return to stay with us soon! Thank you, again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was my first time visiting San Diego and my first time staying in this hotel and the WHOLE experience was enjoyable! Everyone at the hotel was so nice; the rooms were clean and comfortable. Randy, was especially helpful. He was friendly and professional. Checking in and checking out were a breeze! All around 2 thumbs up and 5 stars from me!

• Stayed July 2013
Wow, it's not too often you hear someone say "the best!" Thank you from all of us and especially Randy. We are all happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come back again soon!
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Location is wonderful. One block from the ocean and many restaurants. Only 15 minutes from Zoo, Midway and many other things. Quiet and clean. Only reason didn't give a 5 is the sink area in the bathroom is very tiny and not much parking when the hotel is full. Otherwise a great place to stay and would definitely recommend it and stair there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Yes, it's very true in many of the rooms. You should have seen the size of the bathrooms prior to our renovation! Anyway, we are very luck to have our sister property only a half of a block away for additional parking. We truly appreciate your review of our property!
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I love San Diego and when I took my family on vacation, I found this hotel. It is a wonderful place to stay. The hotel is literally within walking distance to the beach, which my kids and I enjoyed. It was reasonable, spacious, clean and gave excellent custormer service, especially the front desk attendant named Randy, who assisted me with restaurants. What more can you ask for? If you are in this area, I would truly recommend you checking this hotel out. OUTSTANDING place to stay!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the excellent review! I will tell Randy about your comments. I'm glad we were able to assist you with finding a restaurant suitable for your needs. There are so many good choices to choose from within walking distance. And, I hope we will see you and your family again really soon!