“AMAZING to say in the least...” 5 of 5 stars

PB Surf Beachside Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4760 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109-2539   |
Ranked #116 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Savannah, Georgia
“AMAZING to say in the least...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel, as the title indicates, was amazing. The rooms were very nice, very clean, comfortable, and appealing to the eye. The staff were great as well. One particular guy, Randy, went out of his way to make sure that our stay was nothing short of excellent. This was definitely a great experience for my family and I. The location is wonderful as well, so close to the beach! This was our first time visiting San Diego and we will more than likely be going back and staying at this hotel. GREAT PLACE, WONDERFUL STAFF!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shan L
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
We'll take "amazing!" Thank you for the great review of our place . We do hope you will return to stay with us soon! Thank you, again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was my first time visiting San Diego and my first time staying in this hotel and the WHOLE experience was enjoyable! Everyone at the hotel was so nice; the rooms were clean and comfortable. Randy, was especially helpful. He was friendly and professional. Checking in and checking out were a breeze! All around 2 thumbs up and 5 stars from me!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wow, it's not too often you hear someone say "the best!" Thank you from all of us and especially Randy. We are all happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come back again soon!
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Location is wonderful. One block from the ocean and many restaurants. Only 15 minutes from Zoo, Midway and many other things. Quiet and clean. Only reason didn't give a 5 is the sink area in the bathroom is very tiny and not much parking when the hotel is full. Otherwise a great place to stay and would definitely recommend it and stair there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Yes, it's very true in many of the rooms. You should have seen the size of the bathrooms prior to our renovation! Anyway, we are very luck to have our sister property only a half of a block away for additional parking. We truly appreciate your review of our property!
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I love San Diego and when I took my family on vacation, I found this hotel. It is a wonderful place to stay. The hotel is literally within walking distance to the beach, which my kids and I enjoyed. It was reasonable, spacious, clean and gave excellent custormer service, especially the front desk attendant named Randy, who assisted me with restaurants. What more can you ask for? If you are in this area, I would truly recommend you checking this hotel out. OUTSTANDING place to stay!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ladyj1971
Thank you for the excellent review! I will tell Randy about your comments. I'm glad we were able to assist you with finding a restaurant suitable for your needs. There are so many good choices to choose from within walking distance. And, I hope we will see you and your family again really soon!
Wildomar, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel was an amazing experience and it was just great to relax and enjoy San Diego here. Everything is perfect about this hotel and after staying for a week, I never wanted to leave. The views, the staff, the food, and the rooms are really great and it is just a great place to spend time. The staff was very helpful as well, especially one of them named Randy. He made sure that my stay was great and provided everything that was needed. Overall this is an amazing place and everyone would enjoy it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ajanee E
Perfect! I will tell Randy about your comments. We are very happy that you did not want to leave. I think, even as part of the staff, we all really like being there, and I think that is something noticeable.
Colton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Awesome experience . We go to San Diego several times through out the year and always stay there. The rooms are spacious and always clean. They have all the amenities that are useful. Great prices for the rooms. Everything is walking distance from restaurants and bars to the boardwalk. Great location and the entire staff are always helpful and nice. Thanks to all the staff at the front office (Alpha). It's a nice and relaxing home away from home. Love it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
I hope we all know you by name by now. You are always welcome at the property, and I hope we will always treat you like "family." Thank you very much!
Lake Elsinore, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Traveling through San Diego & found this hotel! My room was spacious, bed was comfy &I loved how close it was to everything that I needed. The beach is right next to the hotel & a guy named Randy was an amazing help while I was there. Looking for a great hotel, this place is it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
A lot of people (guests) are very surprised when they walk into their room. We are very new, and are completely focused on making your stay with us a great one. Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again very soon!