“The "get Oscar a Skateboard" Review!” 4 of 5 stars

PB Surf Beachside Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4760 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109-2539   |
Ranked #86 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, California
“The "get Oscar a Skateboard" Review!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Room was very nice and contemporary. Arrived close to 1 in the morning and Oscar was in the front cheery and
wide eyed!. Please if you are mgmt, give him a raise, this guy is top notch..At least give him a few dollars to upgrade his skateboard!

Amenites were all Bath and Bodyworks, My hair smells like Rainwater Leaves now. Beds were thick, covers were nice.
My only complaint is the bed is a bit high, so if you have an infant, prepare to make a pillow castle.

Highly recommended and of course will stay again!.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you, and yes, Oscar is a very valuable member of our team. We are really glad you enjoyed the upgrades and the staff. We hope that you will come back and see us again really soon!

I'll have to remember the comment about the pillow castle!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I live in PB, my girlfriend came down for a weekend visit from San Francisco and found this great hotel. The price was very affordable. The location was perfect, just a short walk to the beach. The service was OUTSTANDING! Oscar, the night manager, went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed! He was fun and upbeat! I will definitely return and highly recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for the comments about my night auditor Oscar. I will be sure to let him know that you wrote the review you did and that he was mentioned as well. I hope, especially as a local, that you will always choose us in the future for anyone you know that's coming to visit this area. We will always be here to make their stay a very nice one. Thank you!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

First, I would like to say what a wonderful trip that my family and i had to San Diego. We stayed at PB Surf hotel San Diego, November 1st-4th. My room was actually very lovely. We were much closer to beach than we anticipated. The beds were extremely comfortable even thought I needed a step ladder to get in. The front desk agent Randy was a sure breath of fresh air. He directed us tolocal attractions, and always kept us informed about the parking situation.He was extremely courterous. I would definitely encourage anyone visiting San Diego to give this hotel a try,, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
It's always good to hear about a specific employee that assisted a guest with the comfort of their stay. Thank you for staying with us, and I will let Randy know about your comments. We do hope you will come and stay with us again very soon!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I had such an amazing time in PB for the weekend I was there. This hotel couldn't have been more great & definitely magical. Right on the beach. Great rooms. In walking distance of all the hot spots/views/bars/restaurants etc in PB. Parked the car upon arrival and didn't drive the whole weekend. We just walked half a block-2blocks and were at all the best local hot spots in PB. I absolutely loved it. Super clean. Very relaxing, nice. Free coffee Bfast in the AM & the employees were very friendly :) totally go here. I'm a college student & the price was affordable. It's worth much more :)

• Stayed November 2012
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Great comments!! Yes, the area here does offer so many things to do in the day time and the night time. There are literally 40 - 50 places to eat, drink or enjoy live entertainment within walking distance of the hotel. We are very glad you really enjoyed your stay and we do hope it won't be your last visit.
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The location is fantastic: VERY close to the beach. The rooms have been remodeled, and the new retro decor is very nice. In particular, the newly remodeled shower was excellent. The bed is extremely high off the ground, and there were pros and cons to this.

However, the "mini fridge" only had 2 settings: unplugged or frozen. Milk and yogurt were frozen solid no matter what setting the mini fridge was on. (Including off). Day after day the housekeeping staff refused to replace our dirty drinking glasses with new clean glasses which was strange because the bed sheets & towels were replaced daily.

The walls are thin and some of the other guests enjoy late night partying. The rooms are cozy small.

However our BIGGEST complaint is the cockroaches. We encountered our first cockroach within a minute or two of checking in, and throughout our visit we saw 4 different cockroaches.

This place has potential, but they need to iron out the fridge and bug issues.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We are definately working on the last part of the bug issue. When we first took over, it was really bad in a few rooms. However, we have hired a company to resolve this, and it seems that we are almost 100% free of this. Unfortunately, you had this experience, and I hope that this will not keep you away from visiting us again. As for the drinking glasses, I will be reminding the housekeeping staff of their responsibilities when it comes to doing dishes for guests that are staying over. This was an issue before, and sometimes reminders have to be put in place.We do apologize for the mistake though and do wish we would have known about these issues while you were here, because we could have easily resilved them. Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the now PB Surf Beachside Inn from 10/6-10/8. It was a short visit home and I couldn't have been happier with the location and accommodations. My only gripe is the parking situation: I spoke to the gentleman who was working the front desk and he let me know that they really don't monitor who parks there. Since it's right on the beach, beach goers who aren't staying there basically have a free place to park. That is insane to me. I'm sure it wouldn't kill them to issue parking passes for lodgers to keep in the window of their cars, and tow all others. I got a citation from city police for parking on the street because this lot and their sister lot down the street was full. This place could easily be 5 stars if not for the horrible parking.

• Stayed October 2012
Actually, I'm sorry about the misinformation as we do issue parking passes for this property whether you park at this property or at our sister property a block away. We do understand that beach goers would like to park in our lot, and we do require a parking pass for each car. Between the two properties, there are usually plenty of spaces available. Some guests are not aware of the parking available in the back of both locations. And, we are sorry for your parking citation.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we do hope that you will return again very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Seacoast Palms has very recently been upgraded & completely remodeled. New name now is PB Surf Beachside Inn. The room & bathroom was small yet clean. Great location literally can walk to the beach in minutes & staff was professional. Most places to stay in PB are dated and need remodeling. Stay here for a deal or stay at Pacific Terrarce Hotel also nice.

• Stayed October 2012
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your description and the compliments. I do wish there would have been more room available to enlarge the bathrooms even more than we did. But, there are a few rooms with fairly large bathrooms located in the courtyard area. We do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in San Diego.

Been to PB Surf Beachside Inn? Share your experiences!