“PB Surf Beachside Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Danvers, Massachusetts
“PB Surf Beachside Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I lived in PB for 5 years and remember what the previous hotel used to look like. The complete make over is spectacular. Decent size rooms, very very clean. Cant beat the price considering its less then a block from the beach. Short walk to bars/restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
The only thing I can say is that this property is a "night and day" difference from what it was before. Everything has been replaced and redone and completely modernized. I'm really glad that the neighborhood has noticed the changes! Thank you for staying with us!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our stay was great. Kind and helpful staff and specially Alpha in the reception was very nice and always with a smile. Good, clean room and beautiful bathroom. Location and price perfect. We can strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will be sure to let Alpha know about your review. I hope you will come and stay with us again!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I recently took my family to San Diego for my birthday weekend, and we stayed at PB Surf Inn on a Saturday night. Originally, my wife called to book the room but they would not give her a room for just one night. I went online and booked the room for one night through their website and it went through fine. When we arrived at the hotel, they did not have the room that we had originally booked and gave us a small suite instead, which was fine. Check in is normally 3pm but we showed up at noon and they let us check in early, which was nice. The property offers free parking, which is a plus because parking in PB can be a nightmare.

The rooms have apparently been recently renovated and ours was very nice. It was a little small but we spent most of our time at the beach so I didn't mind.

The location of the hotel is convenient, not right on the beach but just a short 3-4 minute walk down to the sand. It was also within walking distance (.5 miles) of several bars, restaurants, cafes, and shops.

The hotel offered a continental breakfast between 8-10am, including pastries, muffins, juice, and coffee. The selection wasn't tremendous but it was fine (we walked down to Denny's for a hot breakfast).

All in all, PB Surf is a pretty nice hotel for the price, and we may stay here again next time we are in PB.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Well, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to wite your comments about your stay. Yes, every room was recently completely redone and really upgraded. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed our property and took full advantage of what the area has to offer.
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

New name is PB Surf Beachside Inn. VERY clean, well kept hotel. Nice staff. Free "Breakfast" was poor and less than continental style, only sweet rolls, store bought muffins, juice and coffee. One morning was even weak on the sweet rolls. However, you should skip the free "breakfast" and go to Kono's right across from Crystal Pier. Great breakfast but expect to wait in line for at least 30 minutes. Parking at hotel is extremely limited but there are more spaces at their sister property which is about a one minute walk up the block. We checked in very early and got a room right away. Five minute walk to the very nice beach. Lots of restaurants and bars close by. Crystal Pier is about a 15 minutes via the boardwalk. Will stay here again next beach vacation!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make your comments about your stay with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this as it is very informational to our potential new guests. I know the continental breakfast is not like a buffet, but, just to let you know, we do have the muffins, danish, etc... delivered each morning from a local bakery. I hope we will be seeing you again very soon! Oh, thank you for mentioning our new name as well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I will definitely recommend PB Surf (new name) to my friends and family when I get back to Vegas! I usually stay here about once a year; always enjoyed being so close to the beach. When they told me about the upcoming renovation, I thought I would not be able to afford to stay here anymore but the price is still very reasonable, especially considering what they spent to make it so very beautiful. The staff here is friendly and helpful and there is not a thing I would change!
P.S. Be sure to check out the upper deck with covered tables and a view of the ocean; great place to watch the nightly fireworks or enjoy your complimentary coffee that's served every morning in the office. What a nice way to plan your day of "fun in the sun".

• Stayed August 2012
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
I'm happy to hear that you took advantage of the sun deck. Yes, the view is very nice, and the fireworks are visible from Seaworld every night! One of the concerns I have is that some guests may think since we have renovated that we will price them out. I will continue to retain the guests that have stayed with the Seacoast over the past few years, by continuing to give them a very reasonable return rate when at all possible. We really appreciate your business, and hope you will continue to stay with us for many years to come.Thank you.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I am all about the comfort of the bed. It was so comfy and the sheets smelled so clean. A big screen tv hung in front of the bed ,Samsung good picture. Very clean room up to date decor. Just everything was nice for the price. The only inconvenience was parking. There wasnt a whole lot of spaces. You don't cross any major streets to get to the beach. Less than a 5 min walk. Busy casual beach area. Would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012
Some of the rooms do have 50" tvs. I wonder if that was the size of yours. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your mattress was comfortable. Everything is new in the rooms, so I am hoping everyone will be more than satisfied to stay with us. Unfortunately, parking is very tight here, but we do offer additional parking at our other property only one block away if necessary. I hope we will see you again soon!
Imperial, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Booked 3 nite stay. Was skeptical at first because i always stay at a "brand name" hotel. We were pleasanlty suprised with this propert.. Location is perfect. Close enough to the beach and board walk activites but just far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet. Staff were great, rooms were clean and newly renovated. Beds were very comfortable... We loved it so much, we booked another weekend!!!! recommend to anyone this is nice, clean, safe place with great location to everything. Only thing i wish they had that i didnt see was BBQ area......

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have slight view of ocean and were very quiet...