“Renovation complete and it is spectacular, short walk to beach and a return to a luxurious room with a very reasonable price, fr” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PB Surf Beachside Inn

Save Saved
You added PB Surf Beachside Inn to your Saves list
PB Surf Beachside Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4760 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109-2539   |
Ranked #84 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I will definitely recommend PB Surf (new name) to my friends and family when I get back to Vegas! I usually stay here about once a year; always enjoyed being so close to the beach. When they told me about the upcoming renovation, I thought I would not be able to afford to stay here anymore but the price is still very reasonable, especially considering what they spent to make it so very beautiful. The staff here is friendly and helpful and there is not a thing I would change!
P.S. Be sure to check out the upper deck with covered tables and a view of the ocean; great place to watch the nightly fireworks or enjoy your complimentary coffee that's served every morning in the office. What a nice way to plan your day of "fun in the sun".

• Stayed August 2012
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
I'm happy to hear that you took advantage of the sun deck. Yes, the view is very nice, and the fireworks are visible from Seaworld every night! One of the concerns I have is that some guests may think since we have renovated that we will price them out. I will continue to retain the guests that have stayed with the Seacoast over the past few years, by continuing to give them a very reasonable return rate when at all possible. We really appreciate your business, and hope you will continue to stay with us for many years to come.Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I am all about the comfort of the bed. It was so comfy and the sheets smelled so clean. A big screen tv hung in front of the bed ,Samsung good picture. Very clean room up to date decor. Just everything was nice for the price. The only inconvenience was parking. There wasnt a whole lot of spaces. You don't cross any major streets to get to the beach. Less than a 5 min walk. Busy casual beach area. Would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012
Some of the rooms do have 50" tvs. I wonder if that was the size of yours. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your mattress was comfortable. Everything is new in the rooms, so I am hoping everyone will be more than satisfied to stay with us. Unfortunately, parking is very tight here, but we do offer additional parking at our other property only one block away if necessary. I hope we will see you again soon!
Imperial, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Booked 3 nite stay. Was skeptical at first because i always stay at a "brand name" hotel. We were pleasanlty suprised with this propert.. Location is perfect. Close enough to the beach and board walk activites but just far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet. Staff were great, rooms were clean and newly renovated. Beds were very comfortable... We loved it so much, we booked another weekend!!!! recommend to anyone this is nice, clean, safe place with great location to everything. Only thing i wish they had that i didnt see was BBQ area......

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have slight view of ocean and were very quiet...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
This is great to hear, and thank you very much for commenting on your stay with us. It seems that, just like you, many people have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms. As for the service, we expect that to be something you and every future guest should not ever have to worry about. Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit!
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We spent 12 nights here- July 3-15th. The rooms are all newly and completely rennovated and very clean! I felt very comfortable to entire time and so did my family. We had family staying at Pacific Terrace who paid $500 a night and they came over to see our rooms and were totally jealous that we got rooms so nice at such an inexpensive rate. We had very quiet suites and never had any problems with noise even on the weekends and during the 4th of July.

Since the property is under new management they did have had some issues with the coding of the room types and getting the booking situations straight as previous customers stated. We had a few issues ourselves, but Jim Silver was very accomodating and kind to us and totally made it up to us and I feel he was more than fair and very courteous to us. I believe they are working very hard to get this all figured out and these issues will soon disolve completely. It takes a lot of work to remodel a hotel and completely change over management so quickly. And anyone who remembers this place from last summer before the remodel and management change knows a lot of work was done!

In this area, finding affordable hotels AND good customer service is very hard to come by! Our group had initially booked several rooms at Beach Haven Inn across the street and I switched after the manager there was very rude. Some of my friends didn't switch and they really regretted it after seeing our room at Seacoast and hearing about our experience with the management, while their rooms were very crummy and the management treated them like second class citizens... not like paying customers!

Overall, I totally recommend SeaCoast Palms Inn and my advice would be to maybe expect some bumps in the road but the management will be very helpful when dealing with reasonable people! Don't be a jerk and they'll be accomodating! If you want a completely worry-free experience then fork over the big bucks and go to Pacific Terrace, but to me it just isn't worth all that money when I could have a room just as nice and a great vacation experience at half the price!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
It's really nice to hear that a few mistakes did not really affect your vacation with us. We will always do whatever it takes to make every guest happy with the resources we have available. The main mistake was the room type, and this was my fault as I miscoded a new room and only realized this after it was too late. Thankfully, we were able to correct this error quickly and thus were able to please you and your family. Me and the entire staff look forward to your visit next year!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

When I arrived to check in the first night they told me they didn't have the room I booked and would have to stay at their "sister properties" a few blocks away. Everything turned out ok with that and the new place ended up being very nice. When we went to check back into sea coast for our last nights stay they gave us a room with one bed when we specifically booked and paid for a room with two beds!! We tried getting the room we booked and the "manager" was extremely rude and said there was nothing he could do. Not only was it the wrong room and we were being charged more, our room was in the far corner next to a busted up stove and other non working rusty items. We ended up having to call the sister hotel to get us out of our room since the "manager" didn't know how to check us out ( there was no way we were staying after that). The sister hotel offered us a room with two beds back at their property for 50 dollars off. After everything we had been through and how rude the manager was we were not going to give our money to them. My friends credit card was then charged over 300 dollars when we never even stayed and the lady that checked us out told us we wouldn't be charged!!!!! We will never return and I will tell everyone I know to NEVER book this place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
I'm really sorry for the entire situation you went through at our new property. I am glad though that we did have our other property just one block away that could accommodate you and your family. We never expected to sell out that day, and when we did, it was very fast and we could not repond quickly enough. As for the rate, my policy, as the general manager, is to not charge more for any changes that are the result of a mistake from us. I do apologize again for this, and I do hope you will contact me to get the rate situation resolved. Mostly, I hope you will try us again with much better results the next time. Thank you for taking your time to let us know.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

This place has the worst customer service EVER the lady up front was rude the minute I walked in then they didn't have the room I reserved so I was sent to another hotel. My friend checked in two days later and she had booked a double bed room when she got there it was one bed and after going up front to get it fixed the man told her there was nothing they could do and this was what they have. No apologies were ever given just rude customer service me and all my friends and family will NEVER stay here again

• Stayed July 2012
Well, I'm apologizing for me and my entire staff. We are striving for excellent customer service and we have unfortunately hit a few bumps along the way with room types. The room type error is mostly my fault for incorrectly coding at least one room type. And two weekends ago, we ended up overbooking with two thirds of the property available earlier in the day. This has never happened before, and we have taken the necessary steps to help prevent this in the future. I hope you will stay with us again at a much reduced rate. Thank you for your comments.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place does not have a waterfront view, but it has a great location and the rooms were just renovated, so I was extremely pleased with the value.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you!!! Being mentioned with the four star hotel down the block is quite a compliment. Remember, as a return guest, you will always receive a nice discount with us. We appreciate your business, and we do hope you will stay with us again.

Been to PB Surf Beachside Inn? Share your experiences!