“VERY NICE - QUIET AND COMFORTABLE will return next year!” 5 of 5 stars

PB Surf Beachside Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4760 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109-2539   |
Ranked #94 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Peoria, Arizona
“VERY NICE - QUIET AND COMFORTABLE will return next year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We spent 12 nights here- July 3-15th. The rooms are all newly and completely rennovated and very clean! I felt very comfortable to entire time and so did my family. We had family staying at Pacific Terrace who paid $500 a night and they came over to see our rooms and were totally jealous that we got rooms so nice at such an inexpensive rate. We had very quiet suites and never had any problems with noise even on the weekends and during the 4th of July.

Since the property is under new management they did have had some issues with the coding of the room types and getting the booking situations straight as previous customers stated. We had a few issues ourselves, but Jim Silver was very accomodating and kind to us and totally made it up to us and I feel he was more than fair and very courteous to us. I believe they are working very hard to get this all figured out and these issues will soon disolve completely. It takes a lot of work to remodel a hotel and completely change over management so quickly. And anyone who remembers this place from last summer before the remodel and management change knows a lot of work was done!

In this area, finding affordable hotels AND good customer service is very hard to come by! Our group had initially booked several rooms at Beach Haven Inn across the street and I switched after the manager there was very rude. Some of my friends didn't switch and they really regretted it after seeing our room at Seacoast and hearing about our experience with the management, while their rooms were very crummy and the management treated them like second class citizens... not like paying customers!

Overall, I totally recommend SeaCoast Palms Inn and my advice would be to maybe expect some bumps in the road but the management will be very helpful when dealing with reasonable people! Don't be a jerk and they'll be accomodating! If you want a completely worry-free experience then fork over the big bucks and go to Pacific Terrace, but to me it just isn't worth all that money when I could have a room just as nice and a great vacation experience at half the price!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
It's really nice to hear that a few mistakes did not really affect your vacation with us. We will always do whatever it takes to make every guest happy with the resources we have available. The main mistake was the room type, and this was my fault as I miscoded a new room and only realized this after it was too late. Thankfully, we were able to correct this error quickly and thus were able to please you and your family. Me and the entire staff look forward to your visit next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

When I arrived to check in the first night they told me they didn't have the room I booked and would have to stay at their "sister properties" a few blocks away. Everything turned out ok with that and the new place ended up being very nice. When we went to check back into sea coast for our last nights stay they gave us a room with one bed when we specifically booked and paid for a room with two beds!! We tried getting the room we booked and the "manager" was extremely rude and said there was nothing he could do. Not only was it the wrong room and we were being charged more, our room was in the far corner next to a busted up stove and other non working rusty items. We ended up having to call the sister hotel to get us out of our room since the "manager" didn't know how to check us out ( there was no way we were staying after that). The sister hotel offered us a room with two beds back at their property for 50 dollars off. After everything we had been through and how rude the manager was we were not going to give our money to them. My friends credit card was then charged over 300 dollars when we never even stayed and the lady that checked us out told us we wouldn't be charged!!!!! We will never return and I will tell everyone I know to NEVER book this place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
I'm really sorry for the entire situation you went through at our new property. I am glad though that we did have our other property just one block away that could accommodate you and your family. We never expected to sell out that day, and when we did, it was very fast and we could not repond quickly enough. As for the rate, my policy, as the general manager, is to not charge more for any changes that are the result of a mistake from us. I do apologize again for this, and I do hope you will contact me to get the rate situation resolved. Mostly, I hope you will try us again with much better results the next time. Thank you for taking your time to let us know.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

This place has the worst customer service EVER the lady up front was rude the minute I walked in then they didn't have the room I reserved so I was sent to another hotel. My friend checked in two days later and she had booked a double bed room when she got there it was one bed and after going up front to get it fixed the man told her there was nothing they could do and this was what they have. No apologies were ever given just rude customer service me and all my friends and family will NEVER stay here again

• Stayed July 2012
Well, I'm apologizing for me and my entire staff. We are striving for excellent customer service and we have unfortunately hit a few bumps along the way with room types. The room type error is mostly my fault for incorrectly coding at least one room type. And two weekends ago, we ended up overbooking with two thirds of the property available earlier in the day. This has never happened before, and we have taken the necessary steps to help prevent this in the future. I hope you will stay with us again at a much reduced rate. Thank you for your comments.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place does not have a waterfront view, but it has a great location and the rooms were just renovated, so I was extremely pleased with the value.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you!!! Being mentioned with the four star hotel down the block is quite a compliment. Remember, as a return guest, you will always receive a nice discount with us. We appreciate your business, and we do hope you will stay with us again.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have seen this hotel change alot over the past year, since I live in the area. I recently needed a room for a short stay while my apt was being painted. The new rooms are amazingly bright and clean. New everything big comfy beds, granite counters, and nice modern wood floors, and a great wall mounted flatscreen TV. The bathrooms are very roomy and the showers are all modern glass and tile. My room had a nice little dinning nook and table to enjoy my complimentry continental breakfast each morning, which was fresh O.J. pastrys and coffee in the loby area. The rooftop patio was a nice spot to enjoy the ocean view and chill and have a afternoon drink and meet other guest. Cozy patio chairs and tables. Jim the GM and the staff were all very helpfull in getting anything extra we needed from towels to patio chairs. The beach is a block away you can hear the waves at night and plenty of food choices just a short walk down the main street. The shared pool across the street is nice to even though it is not on site, it is better than no pool at all. Dont be discuraged by other old reviews this hotel is a great bang for the buck. Enjoy it while it last at this low price because im sure once all renovations are finished soon this place will be booked solid. I am going to have all my friends needing a close to the beach hotel stay here for sure...Thanks again Jim to you and your staff

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking your time to write this very informative review of the Seacoast Palms Inn. The renovation has made a complete difference in every way. You are right about being booked solid, as I predict that will occur as more people realize the changes that have taken place. Each time a return guest stays witth us now, they can't seem to believe the transformation of what it has become. Thank you again, it was a pleasure to have you as a guest.
Mesa, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at Seacoast Palms Inn and plan to go back. Perfect location for that area and remodel work is first class.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for the great comments about the remodel. We also think it's very nice and we were shooting for something very special. We hope to see you again very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

It was a last min planned vacation to San Diego. Never had a place to sleep just a rental car. Never expect to be find a inn never the ocean for affordable price. Everything you'll need is within a 1/4 mile walking distance or if you're hitting the bar it's crawling distance :)

Rooms are amazing. Clean comfy bed, awesome granite sinks and tables, flat screen tv, and AC

Service is great and workers were friendly. They were there to help me anytime I needed like losing my room key. Quite at night and lots of privacy.

Planning on staying for just 2 nights but liked it so much stayed an extra

• Stayed June 2012
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
It sounds like everything worked out perfectly for you, especially without having secured lodging ahead of time. Most people do not know about us yet, and probably 99/100 people are shocked at how nice we are now, especially if this was not their first time staying with us. I hope that you will just go ahead and reserve with us again the next time you decide to stay in San Diego. Thank you.

Been to PB Surf Beachside Inn? Share your experiences!