“New Remodeled Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“New Remodeled Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have seen this hotel change alot over the past year, since I live in the area. I recently needed a room for a short stay while my apt was being painted. The new rooms are amazingly bright and clean. New everything big comfy beds, granite counters, and nice modern wood floors, and a great wall mounted flatscreen TV. The bathrooms are very roomy and the showers are all modern glass and tile. My room had a nice little dinning nook and table to enjoy my complimentry continental breakfast each morning, which was fresh O.J. pastrys and coffee in the loby area. The rooftop patio was a nice spot to enjoy the ocean view and chill and have a afternoon drink and meet other guest. Cozy patio chairs and tables. Jim the GM and the staff were all very helpfull in getting anything extra we needed from towels to patio chairs. The beach is a block away you can hear the waves at night and plenty of food choices just a short walk down the main street. The shared pool across the street is nice to even though it is not on site, it is better than no pool at all. Dont be discuraged by other old reviews this hotel is a great bang for the buck. Enjoy it while it last at this low price because im sure once all renovations are finished soon this place will be booked solid. I am going to have all my friends needing a close to the beach hotel stay here for sure...Thanks again Jim to you and your staff

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking your time to write this very informative review of the Seacoast Palms Inn. The renovation has made a complete difference in every way. You are right about being booked solid, as I predict that will occur as more people realize the changes that have taken place. Each time a return guest stays witth us now, they can't seem to believe the transformation of what it has become. Thank you again, it was a pleasure to have you as a guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Mesa, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at Seacoast Palms Inn and plan to go back. Perfect location for that area and remodel work is first class.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for the great comments about the remodel. We also think it's very nice and we were shooting for something very special. We hope to see you again very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

It was a last min planned vacation to San Diego. Never had a place to sleep just a rental car. Never expect to be find a inn never the ocean for affordable price. Everything you'll need is within a 1/4 mile walking distance or if you're hitting the bar it's crawling distance :)

Rooms are amazing. Clean comfy bed, awesome granite sinks and tables, flat screen tv, and AC

Service is great and workers were friendly. They were there to help me anytime I needed like losing my room key. Quite at night and lots of privacy.

Planning on staying for just 2 nights but liked it so much stayed an extra

• Stayed June 2012
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
It sounds like everything worked out perfectly for you, especially without having secured lodging ahead of time. Most people do not know about us yet, and probably 99/100 people are shocked at how nice we are now, especially if this was not their first time staying with us. I hope that you will just go ahead and reserve with us again the next time you decide to stay in San Diego. Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel last minute for Memorial Day weekend based on location and price. We read mixed reviews so we did not know what to expect. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised to find the entire property, inside and out, had been renovated. Our room was tastefully remodeled with modern decor. A past review stated that there was no AC, but in fact the AC units are brand new. The bathroom had a huge shower as well as a very big lighted mirror. I'm not sure if all rooms have this, but our room included a separate area with a table and wet bar. The staff were very accommodating. Our room was missing a couple of items (trash can, hangers) since we were probably the first to stay in the room since it had been remodeled, and the staff immediately brought us the items. Location wise, this is in the heart of pacific beach. The beach is steps away. Garnett is two blocks away. We parked our car for the weekend, and walked/road our beach cruisers everywhere.

We will definitely stay at Seacoast Palms Inn for our future trips to San Diego.

• Stayed June 2011
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your comments. I know it can be a difficult decision whether to choose the Seacoast Palms Inn based on the reviews. Especially when the majority are so negative. However, if you can overlook the little items that have not arrived yet, we are absolutely gorgeous inside. And yes, all of the bathroom have a lighted mirror. Thank you again!!
Ventura County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel has just undergone a complete renovation! New furniture, bathroom with granite and gorgeous tile, new huge flat screen tv, love the colors they used so beachy and cool. The location of this hotel is perfect, my room had an ocean view it's set a short block from the beach. Your are within walking distance of tons of restaurants and shops and the pier. Great staff was so helpful with everything!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
I'm sorry I didn't respond to your fabulous comments about the new Seacoast Palms Inn until now. But, I am certainly pleased that you noticed the work that has gone into transforming this inn into something special. As for the location, I have no idea how much more perfect our location could be. Thank you for staying with us!
Redlands, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I only had one negative experience, which is why I rated as very good. I booked my reservation on the hotel website and book a King Suite which accreding to the description, was to have two flat screen TV's, microwave, sola bed, iron, ironing board. When I arrived, there was no record of my reservation, even though I had received an email confirming the reservation with a confirmation number. Despite this, the room that I ended up in did not have a microwave, sofa bed, etc. I got the room at the same rate that I booked it for. So i dont know if i overpaid for the room i ended up getting. II was making the trip alone so I didn't make a big deal, but it would have been a problem if I'd been traveling with others.

The rooms were very nice and tastefully decorated and very clean. The location is the best. Half a block from the beach, pier, boardwalk and Garnet Street is two blocks away. I didnt need my car at all. I didn't experience any problems with traffic noise. The only noise I heard were couple of drunk people acting silly at 2 am, but they were waking down the street. I didn't know about the pool
or the courtyard-would've been fun. I would stay here again but I am worried that I might show up and there would be no more room to stay in. If the hotel management can resolve this issue, this place is definitely a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with me. As the GM, I would love to have everything run perfectly and without any issues at all. Unfortunately, mistakes can and do happen once in a while. Where I think we excel, is how we handle an issue. My entire staff is determined to always find a way to satisfy a guest's needs to best of their abilities. As for the room items, they should be arriving very soon. We have decided to make everything new like the rest of the property. I'm certainly glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I do hope you will return again soon!
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This inn is a little gem in hiding. Centrally located to nightlife, shopping ,La Jolla and less than 2oo ft to the beach, The Staff is amazing they are the nicest most accommodating people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with at an Inn. They are renovating this property extensively but are very respectful to the tenants . Only one suggestion, courtyard furniture was interesting everyone met in the courtyard and struck up conversations with other tenants even danced and partied a little. This property has no pool or fitness center, but with the beach and boardwalk right there not necessary. Bravo Seacoast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
All right, finally a review! I want to thank you for commenting on my property. The old Seacoast Palms Inn and the new Seacoast Palms Inn barely resemble each other. In fact, I was informed today that we are more than likely going to change the name of the inn due to how much different it is now. We do still have about another 10 days of room renovation left, and a few issues on the exterior like railings, walkways, etc... But, as you have already noticed yourself, every room is new.

We are associated with the Pacific Shores Inn on the next block, and a new heated swimming pool is available from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m. every day to the guests at the Seacoast Palms Inn. And, there are few surprises in store for the exterior courtyard and the upper sun deck.

Thank you again! I hope we will be seeing you again really soon!

Been to PB Surf Beachside Inn? Share your experiences!