“Friendly staff and great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle

You added Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2087 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #175 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
“Friendly staff and great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel because of the kitchen in the room. We came to San Diego for a body building show that we were competing in and needed a hotel that offered a kitchen. The staff was friendly from check in to check out and made sure we had everything we needed. The location was perfect for all the places we wanted to visit (old town, the zoo and gas lamp district). Parking was also free which was an added bonus.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Amber - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positively glowing review of our hotel. We are so thankful to hear that your stay with us was excellent. We hope you did well in the body building competition!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to San Diego.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My overall experience during my weekend stay was wonderful. All the staff was very nice from when I first entered the hotel to check in all the way to the last day when I checked out. All the services in the room were working perfectly. There was never any issues with the availability of any items that we needed for our room throughout the whole weekend. The staff really made sure that they went out of their way to help my girlfriend and I have a good time during our stay. The best past part of my stay was the help that I received from the staff members in the front counter around places and sites to visit during the weekend. Gladys, from the front counter along with the help from a younger gentleman took the time to ask me about my plans and assisted me with directions to these places in San Diego. Thank you for the great stay. In my opinion, the price of the room is very reasonable, in fact cheap. You get a nice, clean room with a kitchen included. You can't top that at that price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Oscar - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that Gladys and our staff made your trip to San Diego pleasurable.

Mira Loma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Visited here during the weekend of May 5th. The hotel was busy but was able to find a room at a reasonable price. Doris was a pleasure. Since I was staying one night there wasn't housekeeping but the room so clean and nice that it was an enjoyable experience. My Husband and I visited a couple of resteraunts at the recommendation of a staff member who knew quite a bit about the area. That's helpful! I stayed at a hotel before and its interesting how little some know about the area.

Its funny, reading the reviews how different an experience guests can have, I can't speak for everyone but I can say that my time there was a VERY enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Try and stay on the location not facing the back wall until the construction is complete on whatever...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Janet - Thank you for your fabulous review of our property. I am so pleased to know that your trip to San Diego was a great experience and that we contributed to that. We truly enjoyed having you visit with us!

Simi Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hotel entry and hall smelled like smoke, sticky front door handle......that doesn't even come close to the experience! Old, dirty, nasty, yellowed FOAM WAFFLE mattress pad???? Yea, you read it right!! No hair dryers in rooms.....was told that the dryers were on a first come-first serve basis!!! And...NOT ENOUGH TO GO AROUND! As a result I missed my appointment. Then told I also needed to request shampoo, conditioner, soap......WHAT???? So obvious corp. trying to a buck or three!!! Also, sofa sleeper so stinking uncomfortable that person on sleeper had to try to share bed with DIRTY, NASTY, OLD WAFFLE MATTRESS PAD on bed. Lesser of two evils. Especially since THAT was only furniture in living room. No chairs. Oh, there were lamps, unfortunately they didn't work!! But, kitchen was nice. Even had coffee maker.....but NO COFFEE !!! Didn't want to have to bring coffee for 2 nights. There you go!!! YOU can decide!

Room Tip: Try Marriott Residence??
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Peg - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The situation you described regarding your rooms condition is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are striving to improve our level of cleanliness throughout the entire property and to repair items which need fixing as soon as possible.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at shc@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Sebastopol, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel and surrounding area smelled like cigarette smoke. The front door handles were sticky and provided a poor first impression. When entering the hotel...smoking guests camped out...so you had to walk through a cloud of smoke. Rooms were clean with a nice little kitchen, but the halls smell like smoke, too. Bed was not that comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear you smelled a smoke odor throughout the hotel. Please accept my apologies. Still, I am happy to hear that you found your room to be clean and that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen we offer.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at shc@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Found a great deal online for this area, plus they don't charge for parking. Doesn't compare to the quality or amenities of the Embassy Suites. If I go back I'm bringing my own sheets! They've been through way too many washing!

• Stayed March 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that you didn't have an overall pleasant experience at our hotel. Please know, that we do offer some amenities behind the Front Desk, which are handed out upon guest request. As well, we are more than happy to provide new sets of sheets as they are needed. I am disheartened to know that this was not communicated to you properly and will be working with the staff to make sure this message is conveyed upon check-in moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at shc@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I think the rooms are very clean and its like a home away from home. I was very comfortable. The room was very accomodating with a refridgerator and a kitchen. I enjoyed my stay and will choose Extended Stay America in the future over any other hotels.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle? Share your experiences!