“A Much Better Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle

You added Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2087 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #177 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Fresno, California
“A Much Better Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was a little iffy about staying at an Extended Stay again because my last experience was HORRIBLE!!! But this time it was soooo much better. The room was so much cleaner and quiter this time around, and I have to say the front desk I believe her name was ASHTON was amazing. She was fun and easy to talk to and checked with us to make sure everything was ok, I really wish all front desk people were like her. This stay was a lot better than the last stay I had in Ontario, I will give Extended stay another chance only beach of Ashton and the Extended Stay on Hotel Circle Dr.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
We're thrilled that you decided to give us another try and that you such a great experience this time. We're so happy that our associates, specifically, Ashton, provided such exceptional service. Again, thank you so much for the great review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Redondo Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had six rooms at this hotel over the past weekend and found this hotel to be an amazing find...the price and location were great...the staff (especially Quincy and Gladys) made us feel like we were in a high end hotel...I was pleasantly surprised. If you are looking for a clean room with all the extras (frig/freezer, coffee maker, etc.), fabulous and helpful staff and great location, this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: I requested the 3rd floor, non smoking, corner room to be certain it was quiet....and yes, it was ve...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us. We're thrilled that Gladys and Quincy made such a positive impact on you. Again, thank you so much for the great review, we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in San Diego.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Worst hotel beds ever. Sticky dirty floor in the kitchen that we had to mop. Joke of a breakfast. We called about getting a room with a better bed but were told none were available. So bad I won't stay at any Extended Stay anywhere anymore.

• Stayed March 2013
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you found our beds uncomfortable and did not find value in our grab and go breakfast items. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team has replaced most of the mattresses in the hotel just recently. Additionally, we are working with the housekeeping department to pay special attention to the flooors. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, Jesse, at shc@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place really made me feel at home. The staff were top notch - always welcoming and friendly.The rooms have full size refrigerators and a kitchen with a stove top to cook your own meals. The hotel has a laundry room and they accept dogs. They also have free wi-fi, a to-go breakfast, and housekeeping service once a week. I relocated from the East Coast and missed my family and friends. Aside from the amenities of the hotel, the staff really made my stay special. They became my family and friends and encouraged me as I searched for jobs and a permanent place to live. My stay became really EXTENDED and they were professional from day one until I checked out with tears and hugs from them. I have since found a home and a job (YAY), but I will never forget the support and encouragement the Extended Stay staff showed me. If I ever needed a place to stay, they would be my first choice. I will recommend them to family and friends when they visit San Diego. Oh yeah, you can't beat the price for the value you get.

Room Tip: Try to get an end room - top floor (much quieter).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I'm thrilled to hear that the associates made such a positive impact on your stay and that you enjoyed our well equipped kitchens. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in San Diego.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went to San Diego on a business trip (scouting for TV production) and decided to stay here because of the price, location, and fact that they promoted themselves as a business efficiency style hotel. We ran into problems up and down...if not for the price and location, it would have been a total fail. Ultimately, for the cost, it was average.

We reserved a room for two with two beds and we specified non-smoking. We were given a smoking room that reeked and told there were no non-smoking rooms available. After making a fuss, we got two single non-smoking rooms, which was a satisfactory solution. I think the staff member went out on a limb to keep us happy, but she shouldn't have had to, and we shouldn't have had to make such a fuss. The new rooms didn't reek of smoke, but did reek of cheap cleaning fluids. We had to air them out for them to be tolerable.

The furniture was totally inappropriate to a business efficiency hotel. Two small, awkward tables rather the one big table or desk. The outlets were also hard to reach -- they should be on the tabletops and not at floor level, and the hotel lamps should not take up outlets. Also the free internet access was completely insufficient. If you bill yourself as a business hotel, you better have good internet included. They don't tell you that you have to pay more for good internet.

The room was always hot unless we ran the AC on full. Then the room would get cold overnight, and the blankets were insufficient.

Not really any lobby or public space to speak of. Nowhere to get out of your room. We wanted to have an informal client meeting, but there was no where to do it. Again, missing this business hotel idea by a mile.

The rooms are nice and new but they don't clean your room unless your pay more for it or stay more than 7 days. I understand not doing a vacation-style cleaning every day, but some freshening of the room -- making the bed and doing the dishes -- is what I would expect from an efficiency hotel. If I'm on a business trip, I need to spend my time working, not washing a pot. It's not like they supply you with very many dishes, anyway. So ultimately, low marks on cleanliness .

I really wouldn't stay here again. There are a lot of hotels right next to this one and I would go to any of those first.

Room Tip: Make a fuss. We got two rooms for the price of once since they didn't have what we had reserved...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you did not find our property up to the standards required of your needs. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is addressing a few of the items immediately, specifically, the fresh smell of the rooms. We are using new Proctor and Gamble chemicals which give the rooms a much fresher smell upon arrival. Additionally, we have contacted our internet provider to ensure that all of our access points are working properly. Lastly, we are retraining our associates on how to deal with mistakes in booking in a more friendly manner as to not inconvience our guests. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, Jesse, at shc@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Easy in n out. Centrally located and restaurants close-by. Excellent staff too! :-) Don't forget the gab n go breakfast every morning. She forgot to tell me when I checked in and I missed the chance to get a quick bite. Rooms are great and newly-remodeled

Room Tip: A low-numered room will get you to the "back door" closer to the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We just received a copy of your most recent review. Thank you so much for the kinds words regarding the service of our associates. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we look forward to your next visit to San Diego.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying at extended stay and had the most pleasurable stay! Extremely courteous staff!!! Room was very clean and well maintained. All appliances were in good working order. Bathtubs are spacious and clean. Kitchen was stocked with appropriate utensils. I will definitely recommend this location to my family and friends whom frequent San Diego. Thank you for a memorable stay!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We just received a copy of your kind review of our property and the service level of our associates. I'm thrilled that you decided to give Extended Stay Hotels a try and that you will definitely be coming back next time your are in San Diego!

Been to Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle? Share your experiences!