“San Diego Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #41 of 269 hotels in San Diego
“San Diego Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Very nice hotel. Treated me very well. Staff was friendly and very helpful with any questions that I had. Hotel location was very close to my employer which was great for me but a fair drive from the downtown activities if that is what you are looking for. I ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was very good. Workout facilities were very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Roxanne M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central. It is great to know that you found our hotel very nice and that our friendly and helpful staff treated you very well. Furthermore I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and the workout facilities during your visit. We look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future.

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I don't have any complaints about our stay at this courtyard. I wanted to book a house on AirBNB for a weekend in San Diego with friends, but my husband ended up booking this to save money. Not only was it 20 minutes from anything downtown, but it felt like it was in the middle of nowhere, besides the freeway right across the street. Not much around but some restaurants and gas stations. And considering where it was i'm not sure saving the $30/day was worth it; after taxes and fees, it ended up being about $100/night, and we could have booked a 2 bedroom house for $130/night and been less than 5 minutes from balboa park and downtown.
Other than that, it was a pleasant stay. Nice pool, room was a good size, had a coffee maker and mini fridge, and super comfortable beds!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Roxanne M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear chasetravelbug,

Thank you for your review. Although you had your mind on alternative accommodations other than a hotel during your visit to San Diego I am happy that you chose the Courtyard San Diego Central for your lodging needs. Furthermore I am pleased that overall you had a pleasant stay and you enjoyed the nice pool, your room and the comfortable beds. We appreciate your feedback.

Northeast,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for my last 2 nights in San Diego. This hotel is located within 20 minutes of the airport,which Made it ideal for our situation. No complaints here! Rooms were clean,pool and spa were very nice and clean. I never had a chance to try out the onsite restaurant, although it looked very nice! Did the job by being close to the airport and the staff was friendly .

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Btz2994,

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to know that our hotel location was ideal for your travel needs and that your room, the pool, and the spa were nice and clean during your visit. Thank you for sharing your experience regarding the staff friendliness. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guest with an excellent hotel experience. We are thrilled that you had an excellent experience and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travel needs bring you to the San Diego area.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

First class all the way around. Don in the bar was hilarious!! Great company from a class A bartender. Cleanliness throughout entire hotel. The breakfast was awesome. The kitchen staff gets a 2 thumbs up. Pam the Mgr was prompt to our needs and made sure our son was entertained at the pool and suggesting activities and sites surrounding the city. We will definetly return to this hotel with our friends

• Stayed May 2014
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear George,
Don is such a shining star! Thank you so much for recognizing him, I can’t wait to share your feedback with him, and Pam of course. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast. Pam Schwartz, Director of F&B just changed our dinner menu and Don created a tasty new craft cocktail list. I hope you have the opportunity to try them out the next time you are back.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was pleased to spend a night at this location. Upon checking in I was introduced to Marriott's pilot program where Platinum members not only received points at check in but also a gift from the small marketplace. The staff was very helpful with dinner recommendations. The room I was in was very spacious. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Not too far from the Airport for an early morning flight.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gus,
As a Platinum guest we thank you for your continued loyalty to Marriott! We are excited to share the new platinum incentive. To spread the excitement, we at the Courtyard San Diego Central, also have a property specific program that awards our Silver and Gold guests with a welcome gift as well. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warm regards,
JRo70
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

You know what the San Diego Central Courtyard by Marriott in May looks like and offers, because it's no different than most Courtyard by Marriotts. The rooms were large and clean. There was a breakfast buffet and a Starbucks counter. I stayed at this particular hotel because of its location near where I was traveling for business. The location didn't disappoint. I wouldn't have stayed at this hotel if it wasn't for the location, but I didn't mind staying there either. Other travelers seemed to be of a similar mind, as the hotel was busy while I stayed there. Some minor quibbles: Hotel staff asked if I wanted a newspaper delivered to my room, but didn't follow up. The woman minding the Starbucks counter clearly didn't want to tend to customers--one time, a long queue developed with angry customers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear JRo70,
I am glad that our central location was convenient to your needs. I am sorry to hear that our service did not meet your standards. We have just implemented a new process to ensure that newspaper delivery requests are completed, I am sorry that you had to experience our faults prior to them being addressed. I hope that we can make it up to you the next time.
Best,
Tehachapi, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Nice hotel, friendly staff. Fast check-in and out. Good parking, restaurant and bar. A BIG cut above some others. Very glad to stay here for the week. Very, very clean, with everything you need. Restaurants nearby, Convoy Blvd just up the street with and entire assortment of Asian food. Try Jasmine restaurant if you prefer the real thing. Pleased to say, I will be staying here again. Did I say- easy freeway access- Sea World- etc etc. Marriott is the best of all, and the rewards program is great.

Room Tip: Any room, I am on the 4th floor and happy with it.
Green Features: Comply with all environmental practices. Water saving, drought resistant plants, light bulbs, etc
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Roxanne M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Frank S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard San Diego Central. I am pleased to know that you had an excellent experience during your visit. Furthermore I am delighted that you will stay with us the next time your travel plans bring you to the San Dieo area. I will be sure to share your positive comments with our team. We look forward to accommodating you again soon!

Best regards,

Been to Courtyard San Diego Central? Share your experiences!