“Excellent customer Service and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #51 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Jose, California
“Excellent customer Service and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our Travel soccer Team stayed at the Marriot courtyard in san Diego Central the customer service was excellent. The Breakfast was good the Rooms were clean the pool and the Bar were great. Location is perfect you have everything close by restaurants grocery stores fast food freways are easy to acces.!!!!!!! :)

Room Tip: the suites are the best way to go
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that I was able to meet you before your departure! I hope your team travels back to San Diego and we have the pleasure of hosting you again. Maybe next time, you can extend you stay and experience some of the sights of San Diego like the San Diego Zoo or Sea World.

I will be sure to share you kind words with my staff!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our GU14 soccer team was playing in the San Diego Surf Thanksgiving tournament and we stayed at the Courtyard San Diego Central hotel. Our group reservation coordinator, Kimmy, was very accommodating and made frequent follow-ups from the time our 20-room reservation was made up until Thanksgiving, and even afterwards, The central location worked out super, as we were reasonably close to our various playing locations, as well as the airport, La Jolla and Old Town San Diego, Although close to the highway, I never heard any traffic noise, either from my room/balcony or from the pool/patio area, I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the food and drink selections at the hotel bar and restaurant. The complimentary breakfast worked out well for our players prior to our games. Although I had a minor problem with my personal room, the staff's reaction was so outstanding that I can honestly say that it left me with a more positive opinion than if I've had no problem at all. Well done!

Room Tip: Request a room on the 2nd floor or higher with a view of the pool and patio area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! I will certainly congratulate Kimmy on a job well done! It was definitely an exciting weekend with the Surf Thanksgivung tournament and we hope you come back for next year's event. I apologize for the error in your room reservation, but am greatful we were able to take care of you.

Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our travel softball team stayed at Marriott Courtyard in San Diego Central and the customer service was great! I booked the rooms for all the families and the Sport Sales Coordinator, Kimmy, was awesome. We were going to have to leave he hotel before the breakfast started and Kimmy arranged for our players and families to have "to go" breakfast bags waiting very early in the morning so we could grab them and go.

The hotel pool was great and the outdoor fireplace was relaxing. Hotel was clean and the rooms were nice. A lot of our families had drinks and ate in the dining room and the food was good and the wait staff was friendly.

One of our families did have a slight problem regarding one of their rooms. They were suppose to have a king bed and a pull out sofa and their room did not have a pull out sofa. Kimmy followed up with me that following Monday morning and she then contacted that family and apologized and credited their credit card for that night's stay.

Our overall experience was very good and we will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We understand that traveling sports team have strict schedules and need to be on the field to get ready for action. It is great that Kimmy was able to set up breakfast for you. Please come visit us again when you travels bring back to San Diego.

Thank you so much!

Regards,

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a pretty standard Courtyard hotel, I think the design has also been cloned from other locations in the western United states. That’s not a bad thing – they have standardized the design and look and feel of the rooms, so that you get the “best” that is possible given the room rate.

The standards: comfortable beds, spacious rooms, separate bathroom and sink areas (so that you can use the sink while someone else is in the shower/toilet, good working desk and work chair and reliable internet. The toiletries are good, though it seems that bottles are getting smaller and smaller.

The extras: The pool is big for US chain hotels. Usually these hotels have a pool that is about 10 meters long, which makes it good for playing but not swimming. This pool was a good length, perhaps 15 or 18 meters, and the water temperature was set correctly for the weather. It was warm enough even when it was cool outside, and yet not too hot in the sun. There are also plenty of towels, and the area was generally very neat (no towels strewn about, etc). There are guest laundry facilities, and free computers for printing in the lobby -- though somehow all five computers were out of order on the morning I wanted to print, so I had to use the front desk computer, which was fine, but would not have been a solution if there had been a lot of people at reception.

Parking is free, and there are multiple entrances around the hotel so that you can park behind the hotel and enter at the back. The entrances also worked, which is not always the case with other hotels with multiple entrances. Another nice thing is that you could actually open the window, though only around four inches for security reasons. But it was nice to have fresh air in the room, especially given San Diego’s perfect weather. The staff is also very nice, they always greet you when you pass in the hallway.

One issue is that the hotel is not exactly in “central” san diego; that would be wishful thinking. It’s more accurate to say that it is central to the key freeways: the entrances to the 163 and 805 are around the block, with connections very close to the 5 and 8.

What would I change? Nothing really, it was a very solid offering from the Marriott group.

Green Features: They gave us too many towels, and we put extras in the closet and hung up the used ones to reuse every day. But they just kept giving us more and more new ones.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
I truly appreciate the detailed response. Your review is a great way for travelers to better understand our property through a guest's eyes. The pool is one of our best features and am glad that you were able enjoy it. It does seem that we missed the mark on the business center. I apologize, we did just convert our internet service and our business center was out of order. However, we are running with faster Wi-Fi now and are fully in service.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Visited the area for a football game and stayed this was the "Team Hotel". Even though the hotel was full, every employee starting with the desk staff, servers and housekeepers were polite, friendly and asked how the stay was going. Had a problem with the TV and it was resolved immediately. Easy highway location and a short drive anywhere.

Stayed November 2013
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! We will make sure that your next visit is all about the great service and friendly staff and we will skip the problems with the tv. We loved having your team take over our hotel and look forward to 2014.

Warm Regards,

turlock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

As a volleyball coach, it is hard to find a great hotel, that has a good breakfast, staff and great accommodations for a great price....however Marriott Courtyard in San Diego Central is that hotel! The breakfast has great protein options for the team to get us started in the morning, the staff greets you with a smile and helps you with anything you need. The rooms are clean and priced great! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great affordable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I am so glad we were able to power up your student athletes and get them moving. Come back and see us soon!

Thank you so much for you positive feedback.
GO TEAM!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I needed a meeting space kind of last minute but Nicole took care of me right away and was able to get me exactly what I needed. I will definitely be coming back and have recommended this space to other managers in my company as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am so glad that we were able to meet your last minute meeting space needs! Nicole is always ready to make things happen. We look forward to meeting all your meeting needs next time.

Director of Sales

Been to Courtyard San Diego Central? Share your experiences!