“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 269 hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I needed a meeting space kind of last minute but Nicole took care of me right away and was able to get me exactly what I needed. I will definitely be coming back and have recommended this space to other managers in my company as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I am so glad that we were able to meet your last minute meeting space needs! Nicole is always ready to make things happen. We look forward to meeting all your meeting needs next time.

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Tumwater, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very welcoming front desk agents who offered my children toys from the pirates chest. Of course the toys were not expensive, but the courtesy of offering them a little something was pretty awesome. Had dinner on-site and our waiter was very understanding about our two little ones. He offered crayons, coloring pages, and always made sure we were doing great. The room was great and the view of the pool was a plus. The only downfall of this hotel is that the laundry room closes at 10pm and the dryer didn't do such a great job drying the clothes. I ended up hanging a bunch of clothes in my room because of the curfew. I would assume the curfew was 10pm, since there were bedrooms near the laundry room and the facility is located on the 4th floor. Other than that, our stay was pretty great!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool area! There is a patio that you can enjoy the view! Also...my room had...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We know that when traveling with children, they come first! I am so glad that we were able to assist in making your family vacation to San Diego a success. I hope that you were able to experience a few of the sights in the area and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you again!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I had problems with the LCD projector for my Powerpoint presentation, Javier stopped what he was doing and spent quite a bit of time assisting me. We ended up needing to use the hotel projector, but he made a bad situation amazingly better due to his patience and graciousness.

• Stayed November 2013
I am so thankful Javier was able to make your presentation a success! He is super-star and I will certainly pass along your experience; thank you so much for sharing. Please let us know when we can assist with your next meeting.

Warm regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed in the Courtyard San Diego Central for an extended weekend in mid-October and were EXTREMELY pleased with our experience, our room, the breakfast quality and selection, location...just all of it. From the friendly and personable staff (willing to take pictures of us upon request...thank you Emory) to the very responsive and attentive dining staff all the way to the housekeeping staff who added the cute and personal touch of accenting our made bed with the stuffed animals that we won at the Santa Monica Pier when we returned from our adventurous day out. The entire experience contributed to what turned out to be our best vacation yet!
I would highly recommend this hotel, with its spacious rooms, lovely atmosphere and friendly staff :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We are so thankful to be a part of your, "best vacation yet!" Our team aims to be, "World Famous," to make experiences like yours everyday. I will definitely thank Emory and our housekeeping staff.

We hope to see you again.

Warm regards,

Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard the second week of October while on a business trip. I was pleased with the overall experience. The rooms were spacious and clean. The location was centralized although not real close to any of the beaches or attractions someone may be seeking in southern California. Everything seemed to be about a 15 minute drive or more. The staff was outstanding. Everyone was friendly and helpful. They had a nice restaurant that served a great breakfast buffet as well as a decent dinner selection. In addition, they had a great bar area with access to a patio near the pool with a great fireplace. Great way to unwind after a busy day. I didn't notice any children. The hotel seemed to be geared for business travelers with the business center access as well as a number of conference rooms. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your great experience. I will certainly share your positive comments with the restaurant team. The outdoor fireplace on a cool San Diego evening is a great way to unwind. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Have a great day.

Moorpark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had stayed for a quick turn around in San Diego & courtyard SD central was very accommodating to our teams needs. We booked a bit late & they still was able to assist our families with room type & a few other request. Our contact personnel was wonderful and she was quick to reply to any questions I had. Thank you Kimmy.

If we need to stay in that part of SD in the future, I would definitely stay at the Courtyard SD Central.

• Stayed October 2013
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We love sports teams! Thank you for choosing the Courtyard San Diego Central for your stay and I a so pleased we were able to accommodate your last minute requests. I will definitely share your kinds words with Kimmy!

We hope to see you soon.

Cheers,

Kingfisher, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at Courtyard San Diego Central Sept 25-28, 2013. What an unexpected pleasure! Low key, quiet, very nice decor, beautiful grounds, pool and hot tub. The room we had was spacious. We stayed in a room with 2 queens and a balcony that looked out onto the pool area. Very nice view. This first night I had a problem with the tub holding water. I call the front desk and Clyde Thomas from engineering was there in a matter of a few minutes and had the problem fix in less than 15 min. On the second night, I had a problem with the refrigerator; again I called the desk and once again Mr Thomas was at our room in a matter of minutes and helped us with the refrigerator. The last day of our stay I had an issue with the computers in the office center. Who do you think was there? Clyde Thomas--problem fixed in a few minutes. Mr Thomas gave excellent service: courteous, professional, quick, and knowledgeable. What more could you ask for in service. (It sounds like a lot of problems, but these were very minor).

We only ate at the on site restaurant once and that was for breakfast. My husband and I both had the breakfast buffet. The food was really good and so was the service.

This hotel is centrally located and we had no problem getting anywhere from this location. Traffic was NOT an issue at any time of the day (although we usually left at 8:30 am). I would definitely stay here again!!!! Thanks Courtyard Marriott Central!!

Green Features: This hotel had a basket for things that could be recycled.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Clyde is our hero! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your kind words with Clyde. Please come back soon to be able to enjoy, dinner, lunch or room service.

Have a great day.

Director of Sales

Been to Courtyard San Diego Central? Share your experiences!