“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 273 Hotels in San Diego
Kingfisher, Oklahoma
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at Courtyard San Diego Central Sept 25-28, 2013. What an unexpected pleasure! Low key, quiet, very nice decor, beautiful grounds, pool and hot tub. The room we had was spacious. We stayed in a room with 2 queens and a balcony that looked out onto the pool area. Very nice view. This first night I had a problem with the tub holding water. I call the front desk and Clyde Thomas from engineering was there in a matter of a few minutes and had the problem fix in less than 15 min. On the second night, I had a problem with the refrigerator; again I called the desk and once again Mr Thomas was at our room in a matter of minutes and helped us with the refrigerator. The last day of our stay I had an issue with the computers in the office center. Who do you think was there? Clyde Thomas--problem fixed in a few minutes. Mr Thomas gave excellent service: courteous, professional, quick, and knowledgeable. What more could you ask for in service. (It sounds like a lot of problems, but these were very minor).

We only ate at the on site restaurant once and that was for breakfast. My husband and I both had the breakfast buffet. The food was really good and so was the service.

This hotel is centrally located and we had no problem getting anywhere from this location. Traffic was NOT an issue at any time of the day (although we usually left at 8:30 am). I would definitely stay here again!!!! Thanks Courtyard Marriott Central!!

Green Features: This hotel had a basket for things that could be recycled.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Clyde is our hero! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your kind words with Clyde. Please come back soon to be able to enjoy, dinner, lunch or room service.

Have a great day.

Tiffany Marcelino
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Hastings, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Not a fancy resort, just a nice clean, quiet, professional hotel where I can do some work and get a good night sleep. I have stayed here several times and it is always nice. They do get a lot of student groups but I have never had an issue with partying etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your continual support. We love to see familiar faces time and time again walk through our front doors. I am glad we are your home in San Diego.

See you soon!

Tiffany Marcelino
Director of Sales
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Conveniently skipped the part of handing the breakfast coupons, although it was in the rate. Charged for breakfast and never reversed them. Requested for a "toothpaste", yeah a simple toothpaste, to get a reply, WE DON'T HAVE ONE. Towels can be used for doormats.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I am truly sorry for the poor experience. Forgetting something like toothpaste, when traveling, can be such a inconvenience and we absolutely need to be able to accommodate your needs. I apologize we made an error in your breakfast charges. I hope that you give me the opportunity to make it right.

Please reach out to me at tiffanym@cy-kearnymesa.com or 858-633-9020 so I can assist.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This is my 5th time travelling to the Marriott Courtyard and whilst the rooms could do with an upgrade (noisy aircon) the service demonstrated by the team is outstanding. Our office is close by but as long as you have a car this hotel is handy for all of the SD attractions.

• Stayed September 2013
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your loyalty and I am pleased that we impress you with our service. My apologies about the A/C unit, and this is certainly we can do a better job on.

Hope to see you again soon.

Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am a repeat customer at this location and it is ideal for hosting groups of students. I often book multiple rooms for students and chaperons and I have never heard any complaints from students or adults. The rooms are spacious, great lobby to hang out in and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you very much for being such a loyal guest. I am very pleased that your past experiences have been very positive.

It is our desire to make you look good. Please keep on coming!

Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. It was close to all of our activities and destinations. I was especially impressed with and appreciative of Joe, the man who checked us in. I was unable to secure a double queen room on the Internet so I booked a king with a sofa bed. My two teenaged daughters traveled with us and I knew they weren't going to be comfortable sleeping four nights in such a small bed without a proper mattress. Joe was so helpful and accommodating. For no extra charge, he found a spacious room on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the pool and two beds and a sofa. We were SO much more comfortable and happy with our stay because of his attention. Clean pool and rooms. Gracious and professional staff. The only small negative was my husband found some brown stains on one of the towels in the bathroom. Not a really big deal, but keeps me from giving five stars. Breakfast buffet was good and offered made-to-order omelettes; but with the $15 price per person, we opted to go elsewhere after the first morning for a less expensive meal. Overall, it was pleasant and positive. We will return if we are again in the area.

Room Tip: I would ask for the fourth floor. That is the top floor so you don't have any noise above you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Many thanks for recognizing Joe in this public arena. I am very happy that his attention to detail provided you with a great stay. I am very sorry that not everything was perfect, but appreciate you sharing so we can focus even more.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

cos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for several days while on vacation. Several things - on the one day that I took the do not disturb off the door, service had not been provided as of 4pm. I had to go replenish towels myself. Brown water came out of the sink and tub until it was run for 5 mins. Internet didn't work every morning that I attempted to use it. First morning when calling the front desk, they wanted me to troubleshoot with the company that maintains the internet - sorry, I don't do that when on vacation. They did get it working but had to call in again the next day for the same thing. In addition, the phones in the room were not working and the person at the desk knocked on the door - mind you this was around 7:30am. Also, there was a funky smell in the area of the elevators on the first floor - smelled like sewerage. I do have to say the beds and linen were clean and the bed very comfortable. The other conveniences made for a very bad start to the day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry that you had to deal with quite a few issues. None of them are excusable and I appreciate you sharing. We had to shut off the water for repair work recently and when it was turned back on, it takes a few minutes to be crystal clear again. Definitely not something you want to experience.

Please contact me at juergeno@cy-kearnymesa.com or 858-633-9001 so I can further assist.

Thank you.