“Good Accommodations for Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #46 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Accommodations for Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for a short business trip and was pleased with the accommodations. The room was spacious and nice, as was the gym and pool. They have a nice little bar downstairs by the lobby with Stone IPA on tap. The service and food at their restaurant were also commendable. My only complaint would be the dirty elevtator - there was debris on the floor the entire time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Stone Breweries has become one of the most popular breweries in the San Diego. They just opened a 2nd location and we are very fortunate to carry some of their product. Glad you enjoyed our hospitality. Thank you also for pointing out some improvement opportunities in the elevator. This is definitely something we must do better.

Hope to welcome you back whenever your travels take you to San Diego.

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Ask my family, friends and colleagues -- I'm an extremely difficult chap to please. But I must admit -- my recent experience at the Marriott Courtyard San Diego Central was truly excellent. From my initial contact with the GM (Mr. Oswald) to staff at the front desk -- I received terrific customer service throughout my stay (which hasn't always been the case with the hotel industry). The accommodations were safe, clean and comfortable. And the location was absolutely perfect. I would stay there without hesitation -- the property and staff were that good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. It is very gratifying that we met your high expectations. We like to live up the challenges thrown our way.

Can't wait to welcome you back soon.

Concord
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This facility is very nice, conveniently located. The rooms are sizeable, my room had a nice view of the gazebo and the pool. The outside seating area is very relaxing, beautiful outdoor fireplace. The food at the hotel was actually very good, not something you would normally expect from hotel food. I would definitely recommend this facility both for family travel as well as business travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sounds like you really got to enjoy our tranquil setting. I am glad that we contributed to a relaxing time. We are very proud of our food quality and I appreciate you confirming our efforts.

Hope to welcome you back whenever your travels take you to San Diego. Thank you for staying with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a quick weekend trip. We had never been to San Diego. We chose Courtyard Marriott bc it was well priced! We had a great experience! I have nothing bad to say. It was very clean & very comfortable! The location seemed to be central to most any & everything you'd want to do in San Diego. No more than 15 min. from everything.

• Stayed August 2013
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you had a great experience and appreciate the compliments. It is always wonderful to hear whenever we are able to impress somebody.

Please see us again.

Glendora, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We spent a long weekend Aug2-5, 2013 and had a wonderful time. We chose the hotel because it is central to everything in San Diego. In addition, the staff was warm and pleasant and the facilities are modern and clean. Thanks for a great stay! We look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I am very pleased that we hit the trifecta; convenient location, good service, and clean hotel. Thank you for staying with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked this hotel for a soccer tournament and expected the normal decent Marriott experience. But I discovered this hotel is above average. The surprise is they have a great bar area run by Pam who is the Food and Beverage Manager. She was great and accommodated several special requests. This hotel creates a nice place to hand out at the end of the evening.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
It's always great when we can exceed expectations. You are absolutely correct about Pam and her team. They are a notch above. I am glad you enjoyed our bar experience with the many different areas to kick back and relax.

Please see us again soon. Thank you for taking the time to talk about our hotel.

Yuma, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The front desk was friendly. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The A/C fan stayed on continuously so I slept well. Even though there was a soccer team staying at the hotel it wasn't noisy. It was quiet. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and it was good. My husband had the buffet. It was $14.50 and had toast, waffles, omelet station, fried potatoes, eggs, bacon, sausage, juice, fruit. I had the American breakfast for $10.50. It had eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, fried potatoes, fruit, juice or coffee. In the room I was surprised there were several small stains on the carpet and there was white stuff flaking off the bathtub floor. Overall we were pleased with our stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for pointing out the many good things you experienced about our hotel and I appreciate your recommendation. I also want to thank you for some improvement opportunities that we will certainly follow-up on.

Based on your many reviews for San Diego, looks like you are visiting quite frequently. Certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Jürgen Oswald

Been to Courtyard San Diego Central? Share your experiences!