“I hate traveling” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 269 hotels in San Diego
Boonton, New Jersey
“I hate traveling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

.....but this hotel made me feel at home! Joe at the front desk and Mark in the restaurant went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

The hotel was clean and nice and the hotel management staff should be delighted that their staff made an impression on me that I would remember their names.
Good job!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
We are certainly delighted that our team did exactly what many of our guests desire - personal touches that are memorable.

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for giving back by recognizing those that took great care of you.

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff was helpful, the Bar stayed open longer for us. Wish the pool was open longer so adults can hang out in the spa when the kids finally go to sleep. Too much salt in chicken wings and bloodymarry's.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I am glad that our team made special arrangements to keep the bar open longer for your enjoyment. I am sorry that we were not able to do the same for the pool as we need to adhere to a "Quiet Time" for other guests to get their rest. Appreciate you letting us know about the higher than necessary salt content on some items; will definitely review our recipe.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently hosted my wife's 50th birthday dinner party at the Courtyard in Kearny Mesa (SD Central). The facilities and staff are fabulous! Christie the catering manager went over every detail in advance of the event (food options, room layout, bar options, reserved patio area, etc.). When she informed me that she was leaving town and handing me over to another manager (Nicole) a little over a week prior to the event I was a little anxious. However, Nicole stepped in and made sure everything was in order and ready for my wife’s big day! Both were very professional and customer-focused.

The day of the event, I was running a bit late (with decorations) but when I arrived everything was set up and ready to go (banquet, dance floor, DJ area, bar, event signs). Javier was my on site manager and made sure everything ran according to schedule (checking with me at each milestone of the schedule to see if I needed to adjust the time or activities). The event included a red carpet photo shoot on the patio, dinner, A/V equipment for a birthday Jeopardy game, champagne toast and cake), so there was a lot to coordinate in terms of timing.

As expected, I made some last minute changes several times and Javier was always one step ahead of me anticipating my needs and confirming the timing of the next item on the agenda. In fact, he actually reminded me of what was happening next most of the time because I was having a great time and attending to my wife and guests. The bartender was excellent and he and Javier kept me informed of my tab to make sure that I was comfortable with the consumption level. With 70 guests at a 5 hour event, that’s something you don’t want to be surprised about! All of my guests had a wonderful time and my wife had a 50th that she’ll never forget!

Thanks to everyone at the hotel for your great service!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I am so happy that our team did their part and created lifelong memories. Thank you for entrusting us to host this important event and appreciate the many accolades. Our banquet and catering team is truly outstanding. Out of all the hotels I worked at, this team is by far the best one.

Looking forward to be of service sometime in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Business trip to San Diego and stayed at this hotel. It totally served my purposes. Shuttle service ( 3 mile radius for business purpose) is an excellent add-on and made life even easier. All in all, worth every cent for my stay. Thanks to the management and all staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service. It is just one of our services that makes travel a little easier.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us in the first place. Please see us again whenever you are in San Diego.

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had to setup a few last minute meetings at the hotel, and the catering sales manager was excellent to work with. She got us setup with rooms, food, and equipment with essentially no warning. The prices were reasonable and the facilities were well managed. No complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
This is what we live for. Making arrangements last minute, scrambling behind the scenes, but not noticeable to our guests. We take pride in being perceived as easy to work with, so thank you for recognizing this important attribute.

Keep those meetings coming!

California, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This facility is located central to business in downtown, Kearny Mesa, Rancho Bernardo and MCAS Mirimar.

The staff is fantastic!! Latoya at the front desk brightens every stay. Patty is a delight in the evening for a meal or a drink.

The pool, whirlpool, fire pit and bar cover all the weather options for San Diego. Warm when you need it and relaxing all the time.

Room Tip: Inner balconies are the best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are very fortunate to be in a very central location, having a hotel with great amenities, and a team that knows how to treat our guests well. It is very humbling to be called the "best" in anything, so thank you very, very much.

The location of our bar next to the outside fireplace is one of our best features, and I agree, very relaxing.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel. Fast & easy to book rooms through super helpful Ty Smith! Quick check in. Comfy beds, lots of space, great water pressure in shower, heated pool was so fun with our kids, dining areas, bar, fridge in our rooms, everything was clean and I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others!

• Stayed April 2013
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Many thanks for the numerous compliments. Glad you enjoyed your time with the family.

Will hold you to your promise to stay with us again and recommend to others. Looking forward to it!

Jürgen Oswald

Been to Courtyard San Diego Central? Share your experiences!