“"Take the time to fill out the survey's"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #40 of 268 hotels in San Diego
Yucca Valley, California
“"Take the time to fill out the survey's"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Our corporate office is located a few miles from the Courtyard Central property. I called to reserve a room to attend a company meeting and requested the corporate rate only to be told it wasn't available. Nevertheless, I booked the room. I was greeted at checkin by a couple of associates with "Welcome Back"! They obviously remembered me from a previous visit! What a great feeling!!! Yeah!!! Check in was uneventful but I did mention that during the reservation process I was denied our established corporate rate. They weren't able to assist but were very professional and quite pleasant. A few days after check out, I received a request to fill out a survey for my visit. Normally, I just ignore those request but this time I filled it out even with the little guy in the back of my head saying "Nobody reads those things". I mentioned the corporate rate issue as the only unpleasant experience during the stay. To my surprise, I received an email from Juergen, General Manager of the facility. They actually "read the surveys"!!!!!! The email was actually a follow up to a voice message that he had left earlier. He researched the corporate rate issue and identified that as a result of our company name change, the information in their system was outdated. No only did they contact our corporate office to update the account, they honored the current corporate rate for the reservation and credited the billing accordingly. Wow! Wait, it gets better! As a follow up to Juergen's contact, Max, Sales Manager sent in email addressing the same. To make a long story short, I am completely impressed with their follow up...the discount was only plus. An absolutely wonderful experience and rest assured, Courtyard Marriott, Central will be my preferred choice of accommodations for me (business trips) and family excursions when visiting San Diego!!!!!!! You guys are good!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
What a great way to celebrate our 200th TripAdvisor survey. Many thanks to you and the many before you that enable us to continuously improve by the feed-back you are providing us.

Yes, we have a very novel approach to business. You spend your hard earned money to stay with us and we leave no stone unturned to provide you with an outstanding experience. We do fall short sometimes and when this happens we go right to the root cause to make things better.

Like you said, keep writing those surveys; we promise to listen and act.

321 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'ts nice to come to a place where folks obviously care. Unfortunately I get that less and less these days but every time I visit this hotel the staff is friendly and caring. An example of this during my last trip... I mentioned that I forgot all of my chargers for my phone and the front desk attendant went in back to look. He came back out with an iPhone charger and said, "Here you go... we didn't have any but you can use mine, just leave it with the front desk in the morning." How easy would it have been to say "sorry sir" but Andy took the extra step, which I greatly appraciate. The restaurant/bar staff is also consistently excellent as previous posts also mention. Overall, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
It's the simple things that really matter, right? What a great story and I am very pleased that Handy wrote the chapter by his own doing.

Thank you so much for recognizing him as well as our Food & Beverage team. Can't ask for a better quality crew.

See you next time.

Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The staff was very friendly, the room was large and clean. The bed was super comfortable. Would definitely stay there the next time we are in town. Convenient location...close to everything we want to do.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It's always great to hear from a Senior Contributor. I am very proud that we impressed a tough critic like yourself.

Thank you very much for staying with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have been "living" at the Marriot Courtyard San Diego Central since Dec. 2012. It is the staff that makes my hotel room a "home", every Sunday-Thursday . There is nothing more cheerful after a long day of work than to be greeted by name and a smile from friendly folks like Latoya, Brandon, Deborah, Patty and Don (to name a few). The staff is what makes this particular Marriot my home of choice while in San Diego. They all are friendly, attentive, efficient and really go out of their way to make me feel welcomed. The pool area is wonderful, great location and the rooms are adequate and clean. I have spent 75 nights as of this Tuesday in this Marriott since Jan 1...The staff is the reason why I keep coming back. Keep it up guys, your warmth and friendliness is appreciated by us weary and frequent travelers.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms...there the best!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for recognizing our All-Stars and for being so loyal to our hotel. I am pleased that our team is making all the difference. They certainly rank very highly on the list of most important reasons to stay at our hotel.

I am very proud that their hospitality makes such a positive impact on your busy life away from home.

ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here for a soccer tournament, I am Marriott Gold. They gave me a nice upgrade, no other amenities discussed. We ate with the team for breakfast.

The pool area was very nice, spacious and lots of seating and fire pits.

Again - the staff were professional and prompt in taking care of anything.

The rooms are nice, ours had a long counter, microwave and fridge, two rooms - one with queen and sofabed and one with sofabed (the living room).

Drawbacks: We weren't very close to the elevator / ice machine but I could still hear it at night. They had a laundry but only one working washer while we were there.

Room Tip: The corner rooms as they call them wrap around the L shaped corner, so they are larger but they have...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I am pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality. We always try to take extra great care of our Marriott Rewards VIP members and an upgrade to a suite like in your case is always much appreciated.

My apologies about the limited washer availability while we are waiting for replacement parts.

Our hotel is a great fit for sports tournaments as we have attractive amenities and a team that is very well versed in understanding the unique needs of large groups.

Hope you had some great matches and looking forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels take you to San Diego.

Avondale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to the Sharp Mary Birch Hospital. The hotel provides a free shuttle service (of course, we tipped!) within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. This was the main reason for our choice. We were just in town to be present for the birth of our friends’ baby, and had nowhere else to be. If we planned to wonder, we would have needed a car. But, this hotel was located perfectly, and within walking distance of The Butcher Shop, an incredible steak place.
The hotel staff from check-in to breakfast to maid service was very friendly and responsive. Given the opportunity, we would gladly stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I hope all is well with the newcomer. I am glad that our courtesy shuttle made the difference in choosing our hotel and thank you very much for taking care of our driver.

We are fortunate to have the Butcher Shop as our neighbor; it's definitely an old school steak house.

Would be great welcoming you back on your next trip.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I work in a building close to the Courtyard San Diego. Myself and colleagues often have lunch there. The staff is particularly friendly and the service is amazing! Recently, I went to the coffee bar and ordered a special herb tea. The employee Rahnee Lewis, who waited on me was so nice. She went out of her way to get the tea from the store room. I will continue to frequent this establishment.

Sharon Carlson

Room Tip: I did not rate the rooms as I have not seen them.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for the loyalty to our hotel. I am very pleased that Rahnee stood above the rest. She is very eager to please and I am glad you got to experience her hospitality.

Looks like you are due for a staycation so you can evaluate our rooms too.

Jürgen Oswald

Been to Courtyard San Diego Central? Share your experiences!