“A little slice of paradise in an industrial area.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #43 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
“A little slice of paradise in an industrial area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had the chance to stay at the Courtyard this weekend with some old school buddies and my choice of this hotel made me look like a genius. From Brandon Harris the front office mgr to the housekeeping staff we were treated with attention to detail professionalism. I won't hesitate to stay there in the future.

• Stayed January 2013
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you kindly for being the first reviewer of 2013 and we started like we ended 2012; with a 5-star review. I am very pleased that we made you look good and appreciate you recognizing Brandon and our housekeeping team.

We definitely love to have you back and wish you a Happy New Year!

Juergen Oswald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

During Christmas week of 2012 I chose to stay at the Courtyard Central in San Diego with my family. We enjoyed each and every moment and will return. The property is lovely and the staff very professional and welcoming. As a professional who travels frequently I can normally find the one thing that a team misses. They missed nothing. The location is great, easily accessible and yet a quiet oasis with a resort feel. I was able to enjoy my family and yet stay connected in order to finish my year end buisness. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. It is beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
What a kind review at the end of a great year. We cannot thank you and all of our guests in 2012 for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with your fellow travelers. Just like the entire year, I am very proud that our team made a great impression.

Thank you for your intent to return and Happy New Year!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful beds, quiet, friendly staff, good food. Will stay here again for sure, free parking, easy on and off freeway, pretty updated contemporary decor, nice digital TV and big screen, black out curtains are really good -- slept till 10 am.

• Stayed December 2012
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
I am glad you got to sleep in. It is such a luxury, isn't it? I am very excited that you really liked our hotel and the team's friendliness.

Hope you finished all of your Christmas shopping and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

While we are on our way to the hotel, I called to request for connecting rooms since I am travelling with my sister and nephews. Joe at the frontdesk was not just helpful and patient in helping us, He upgraded us to a suite with a 2 queen beds connected to it so he said we can have a comfortable and great stay! He is awesome. The rooms are very nice, crisp clean. I highly recommend this hotel, it's very close to different restaurants too. Staff at the elevators and housekeeping are very polite and always smiling too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Stories like these definitely make my day. It is great to see that a few additional efforts by our team can make all the difference in a guest's experience. I am very proud that you witnessed the best we can be and appreciate you sharing in this forum.

Have a great holiday season and until next time.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Staff is very helpful, good location, and excellent business amenities. I was there for a business meeting close by and the staff went over and above the call of duty to help me when some last second changes occurred. Rooms are clean, nice sized and equipped for business. Also, includes refrigerators in room which is a plus on longer stays... nice pool and gym is okay if no time for a visit to a local health club.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I am very pleased that our team came to the rescue. These are the opportunities we look for to make a difference in a guest's stay. I hope that your meeting ended well.

Many thanks for sharing your positive experience and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed it here for business. It was in very good location. Very good customer service. Room was clean and quiet. The exercise room was large and ll equipment in good order. Rooms had plenty of outlets. Typical and good courtyard hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you very much for the many compliments from the location to the hotel itself and service. Our team will be very happy to see that their efforts are recognized.

Looking at your other reviews it is evident that you are in San Diego frequently. Therefore we are looking forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Courtyard San Diego Central is good hotel for a visit to San Diego, provided you have a car. It is not far from downtown, very close to a freeway, and there is no charge for parking. The room was quiet and clean. The bathroom was large, with the sink just outside. (The lighting in this area could use some improvement.) The bed was comfortable. Some of the linens were slightly worn. The climate control system worked well. The staff were polite and helpful. There is a computer available in the lobby for online check-in for flights. I did not eat at the hotel, but there is an In-N-Out nearby.
The Old Town Transit Center is a short drive way. You can park there for free and take the Trolley to downtown.
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I appreciate you pointing out the many positive aspects of our hotel as well as some improvement opportunitities. It sounds that you are a burger fan. During your next stay you should definitely check out the burgers in our bar or restaurant. On Mondays and Thursdays we feature a special burger that ties in with that day's NFL home team. It's been fun to be creative and our guests get a kick out of it.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jürgen Oswald

Been to Courtyard San Diego Central? Share your experiences!