“Great Stay in San Diego for School” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #43 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Salinas, California, USA
“Great Stay in San Diego for School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Recently, I had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard San Diego for a class. I arrived on Super Bowl Sunday the game was on and the Hotel had a great special on food and drinks. The staff was very helpful throughout the week. My room was kept very clean. The facilities are great. I was able to work out in the onsite gym every other day and there was more than enough equipment. The hotel is a short distance away from several outstanding restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
I remember Super Bowl Sunday. I worked that day and everybody had a good time. I am happy that you were able to partake in the festivities. I am also glad that class did not exhaust you too much and you were able to take advantage of our exercise equipment (hint: the exercise room is open 24 hours).

I am pleased that the hotel itself met your needs and that our team took good care of you. Hopefully you will be able to visit again soon for some fun, so you can further explore the nearby attractions and restaurants.

Juergen Oswald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Being away from home and the ones you love for nearly a month isn't most peoples idea of a good time. I for one was non too please about the idea. However after my experience in this hotel, I must say if I ever had to spend that much time away from home again, I couldn't think of a better place to stay. The facility was very nice, but what really impressed me most was the staff. This is not to say everything was perfect during my stay, but no matter what happened all my issues were resolved quickly, and with courtesy. Furthermore I never once saw anyone not smile or offer to assist me in anything I needed. Again I was very impressed with Ben, Don, Gemma, Alina, Cesar, Deborah, Corina, Emory, Latoya, Chris, Francisco, and Frankie who are just a few of the names that I could remember, and of course there were more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside towards the pool with a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Travel for you road warriors is not as glamerous as it sounds for the rest of us that usually do it for fun. Being away from home, familiar surroundings, family, and friends is tough. Our team understands this and that's why we do our darndest to make you comfortable. I am very proud that we achieved this in your case and can't thank you enough for recognizing the many friendly people we have working at our hotel.

Many thanks for the confidence in our hotel and team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels require.

Aiea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed 4 nights in February, Room 321

Pros: Location, with easy access to all freeways; Professional service in all departments; useful amenities and modern & updated decor

Cons: You need a car, because restaurants and stores are about a 20-30 minute walk.

With the Courtyard brand geared to the business traveler, my wife and I rarely stay at a Courtyard, but stayed at this hotel because of close proximity to our daughter. We were thoroughly impressed by the professional staff and modern decor.

We really like the Lobby Lounge area, where you can sit down and enjoy a drink (adult beverage or Starbucks) or other quiet areas where you can conduct business. The rooms were comfortable with sitting areas and a large flat screen television. The Breakfast Buffet in the Gazebo Grill restaurant was filling and tasty.

On our next trip to this area, we will definitely be staying at this Courtyard again, as well as recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
We are very honored to be reviewed by a Top TripAdvisor Contributor like yourself; this means a lot. I am very pleased that our team did their part to make your experience a pleasant one.

While the Courtyard brand was created by business travelers for business travelers, we certainly have evolved and appeal to a wide variety of travelers. This President's Day weekend is a good example as we are fully booked and are hosting sports teams and their families visiting San Diego for tournaments. They also take advantage of our sumptous breakfast buffet and enjoy our heated pool amidst our lush landscape.

I am glad that our refreshing service and product offering have persuaded you to join us again in the future. See you soon!

Tualatin, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Courtyard Marriott Central was the perfect place for us to hold our business / recruiting event. Location was central to many parts of San Diego so North County and S.D. clients could get to us as well as those East up the 15. Staff was very professional and service was spectacular - hotel was busy and lively in bar and restaurant which we enjoy because the energy is up surrounding our event. Rooms were fantastic as Marriott always has high standards. We were very pleased with our stay - staff also had great list of dining options handy for all hours of the day - including a great suggestion to check out the Studio Diner - just down the street. Studio Diner is unique to S. Diego and a truly great 24 hour dining option - trust the local this place is very good!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
I am very pleased that your recruiting event was successful and that we did our part to make it happen for you. Thank you for pointing out the energy of our hotel - it is a little hip without going too crazy and our Food & Beverage outlets contribute nicely to this pleasant vibe.

I was just at the Studio Diner myself for the first time and yes, it's certainly unique with an interesting decor and the good food 24 hours a day certainly does not hurt. I never knew that the movie studio next door to it was the only one of its kind in San Diego.

Certainly hope to welcome you back soon and thank you for your detailed review of your experience.

Jürgen Oswald
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stay here often because it's between downtown and Rancho Bernardo where I work. The location really works because it's easy to hop on the 163, 8, or 805 to get where I need to go. Downtown is 15-20 minutes away. The Mission Valley/Fashion Valley area is 10 minutes away. The hotel is squeaky clean and the staff always takes great care of me no matter what weird problem or request I have.

Room Tip: Courtyard inside rooms are a little noisier. It's quiet after 10pm usually though.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for complimenting our housekeeping team on keeping a clean house. No request is too weird, so keep 'em coming; it's fun to make out of the ordinary things happen for our guests.

We appreciate you staying with us often and are glad that you enjoy our central location. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Very good service, super nice bed (as always), really clean room (and rest of the hotel) and also a pleasant hotel bar with good choice of drinks etc

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Greetings to Holland! I am pleased that we impressed you. Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
I can only echo the comfortable mattresses. I just checked out of the hotel myself after staying here for over 1 month at the beginning of my job tenure. I found the mattress to be very comfortable and our duvets just the right weight; some duvets these days are just way too heavy.

We had another nice crowd at the bar today who had a good time enjoying the Super Bowl.

Until next time.

Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This was my second stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Central. It was a great choice for so many reasons. The staff are all so friendly and went out their way to make me feel welcome. Access was perfect, close to the freeway, but no noise. The lobby computers made it easy to check my email, the pool was quiet and beautifully maintained, a great place to sit in the sun.
My room was so comfortable, well appointed and completely 'tech' up to date. I stay in lots of hotels and my room was so quiet, housekeeping was amazing, my room seemed to be magically cleaned every day. My room was quiet, I slept in as many days as time allowed, the bed was very comfortable. I simply could not have asked for anything more. I will stay here again when I am lucky enough to go home to San Diego.

Room Tip: I usually don't get a 1st floor room when I travel, but this one opened on to the pool and havin...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for your numerous kind remarks about your repeat stay with us. I am very proud that we made it an exceptional experience. The combination of a great team with a fantastic product certainly makes our hotel a favorite and I am glad that we can count you as one of our fans now.

We are all very fortunate to live in San Diego and we are looking forward to share our many great attributes during your next visit.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Juergen Oswald

Been to Courtyard San Diego Central? Share your experiences!