“Business Meeting Ran Great” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #43 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Tualatin, Oregon
“Business Meeting Ran Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Courtyard Marriott Central was the perfect place for us to hold our business / recruiting event. Location was central to many parts of San Diego so North County and S.D. clients could get to us as well as those East up the 15. Staff was very professional and service was spectacular - hotel was busy and lively in bar and restaurant which we enjoy because the energy is up surrounding our event. Rooms were fantastic as Marriott always has high standards. We were very pleased with our stay - staff also had great list of dining options handy for all hours of the day - including a great suggestion to check out the Studio Diner - just down the street. Studio Diner is unique to S. Diego and a truly great 24 hour dining option - trust the local this place is very good!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
I am very pleased that your recruiting event was successful and that we did our part to make it happen for you. Thank you for pointing out the energy of our hotel - it is a little hip without going too crazy and our Food & Beverage outlets contribute nicely to this pleasant vibe.

I was just at the Studio Diner myself for the first time and yes, it's certainly unique with an interesting decor and the good food 24 hours a day certainly does not hurt. I never knew that the movie studio next door to it was the only one of its kind in San Diego.

Certainly hope to welcome you back soon and thank you for your detailed review of your experience.

Jürgen Oswald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stay here often because it's between downtown and Rancho Bernardo where I work. The location really works because it's easy to hop on the 163, 8, or 805 to get where I need to go. Downtown is 15-20 minutes away. The Mission Valley/Fashion Valley area is 10 minutes away. The hotel is squeaky clean and the staff always takes great care of me no matter what weird problem or request I have.

Room Tip: Courtyard inside rooms are a little noisier. It's quiet after 10pm usually though.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for complimenting our housekeeping team on keeping a clean house. No request is too weird, so keep 'em coming; it's fun to make out of the ordinary things happen for our guests.

We appreciate you staying with us often and are glad that you enjoy our central location. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Very good service, super nice bed (as always), really clean room (and rest of the hotel) and also a pleasant hotel bar with good choice of drinks etc

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Greetings to Holland! I am pleased that we impressed you. Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
I can only echo the comfortable mattresses. I just checked out of the hotel myself after staying here for over 1 month at the beginning of my job tenure. I found the mattress to be very comfortable and our duvets just the right weight; some duvets these days are just way too heavy.

We had another nice crowd at the bar today who had a good time enjoying the Super Bowl.

Until next time.

Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This was my second stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Central. It was a great choice for so many reasons. The staff are all so friendly and went out their way to make me feel welcome. Access was perfect, close to the freeway, but no noise. The lobby computers made it easy to check my email, the pool was quiet and beautifully maintained, a great place to sit in the sun.
My room was so comfortable, well appointed and completely 'tech' up to date. I stay in lots of hotels and my room was so quiet, housekeeping was amazing, my room seemed to be magically cleaned every day. My room was quiet, I slept in as many days as time allowed, the bed was very comfortable. I simply could not have asked for anything more. I will stay here again when I am lucky enough to go home to San Diego.

Room Tip: I usually don't get a 1st floor room when I travel, but this one opened on to the pool and havin...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for your numerous kind remarks about your repeat stay with us. I am very proud that we made it an exceptional experience. The combination of a great team with a fantastic product certainly makes our hotel a favorite and I am glad that we can count you as one of our fans now.

We are all very fortunate to live in San Diego and we are looking forward to share our many great attributes during your next visit.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

reno
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

If you thought central meant near zoo, sea world, gas lamp, nope...
This is near businesses like Sharp. Big lobby, easily distracted night receptionist. Generous size rooms. Outdoor pool not heated well enough for my use. Platinum marriott members get no extra warmth or services, points at check in or amenity as usual is offered. Quiet. Costs more than other hotels in area. $175/n

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for outlining your observations in such detail. I particularly appreciate of course the positive observations like the spacious room size and quiet location of our hotel. I also cherish the opportunity to comment on your constructive feed-back:

- While we are not right next to a major tourist attraction, we are certainly very centrally located. Pretty much any popular attraction like the Zoo, Seaworld, Downtown, the Beaches, or La Jolla are within an easy 15 minute freeway ride.
- My apologies about our lack of special attention to you as a Platinum member. You certainly deserve only the best and I am sorry we fell short. Your feed-back is critical to emphasize the importance of our most frequent visitors to our team.
- Our pool is heated to 84 degrees. Please let us know during your next visit if this is not sufficient again and we will certainly turn it up a notch.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at any of our Marriott Hotels.

Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Stayed here as part of a business trip in December 2011 and found it to be a very pleasant stay helped by some very good staff.

On arrival, i mentioned that i needed to get into San Diego that evening, not being from the area, the staff enquired as to where i was going, ordered the cab for me and as it turns out had to help the driver with directions. The 2 staff names that come to mind onthe front desk were Karen and Kevin.

The room was large and well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel was spotlessly clean and there was a nice warm feel to the hotel. The bar and restaurant areas were nice and one of the highlights of the hotel for me was the breakfast. Great food, great service.

Only downside iss that it unless you have a car, it is pretty remote. $35 cab into San Diego.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
It is with great excitement that I am able to acknowledge this 1st review of 2012 as the new General Manager of the hotel. Thank you for recognizing our super stars at the front desk. You certainly made their day.

I can only echo your sentiment as I am also still staying at hotel since joining in the final days of 2011. I find the team to be very engaging and warm and the physical attributes of the propertry are certainly excellent as well. Our Breakfast is amongst the highest rated by our guests amongst more than 800 Courtyard Hotels nationwide.

I am very honored by your feed-back, particularly as you are a very frequent TripAdvisor contributor. Thank you very much again, to a great New Year, and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and well furnished. I flew into San Diego for a business meeting and needed a good night sleep for a long day. I couldn't have checked into a better hotel for that. I have stayed in maybe 200 hotels during my life and this was the most comfortable bed ever. To top it off, they gave me a 2:30 late checkout, so I was able to attend my early morning meeting and then come back and take a nap before heading back to the airport. If I visit San Diego again, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Courtyard San Diego Central? Share your experiences!