“Excellent Stay...Highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 269 hotels in San Diego
Brockton, Massachusetts
“Excellent Stay...Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Excellent stay! Close enough to Camp Pendleton (son is stationed there) for my extended visits. I had to make a few changes in reservations and Paolo and Lindsey (who actually took photos of the family as we were leaving) were very, very helpful and a pleasure to deal with (no questions asked as to why). Comfortable, clean rooms. Food in restaurant excellent, although, we only ate breakfast there. I will certainly stay here in my future visits to Camp Pendleton.
Jim from Boston

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MHW1, General Manager at San Diego Marriott Del Mar, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Jim, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It is our pleasure to host you at the San Diego Marriott Del Mar while you are here visiting your son at Camp Pendleton. First and foremost I would like to recognize your son for his dedicated service to our country. I am pleased to hear that Paolo and Lindsey were so accommodating with the changes to your reservations and that they were able to help capture a memory for you and your family. I look forward to having you back at the hotel for your next visit with your son.

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We held a breakfast meeting at the Vintage room of the Arterra restaurant and we were very happy with the service, the food and set up. The Vintage room is very ideal for a group of up to 15 people. The manager checked in with us before the meeting and making the arrangements prior to the event was a very good experience. Jenessa was very helpful. We will definitely consider using the Vintage room again for other corporate events

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you had a most successful breakfast meeting with Jenessa in the Vintage Room. Jenessa is a true asset to the Marriott and Arterra restaurant and over the years has established strong relationships with her clients attributed to her excellence service. Jenessa and I look forward to hosting another meeting for you at Arterra in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Nice hotel, near Torrey Pines State Beach. Stayed here twice in the past month. Nice pool and bar area and the overall hotel is well kept. The front desk personnel are very friendly. I wasn't impressed with the restaurant food, my sandwich was cold and soggy.

Room Tip: Higher up is better.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay with us in March. I am pleased to hear that the front desk staff was friendly and you were able to enjoy the pool and Arterra bar. I was disappointed to hear that the food in Arterra did not meet your expectations and have reviewed your comments with our Executive Chef and his team. It would be our pleasure to have you back at the San Diego Marriott Del Mar and please feel free to contact me so that you may be my guest for a complimentary meal at Arterra in hopes of regaining your confidence.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

About a month ago I was with my sick wife and with our 8 months old daughter for a leisure trip, with my wife being ill I went down to the restaurant to grab something for us to eat but checking the breakfast menu nothing excites my palette so I ask a server if she can make us some simple breakfast burritos and she said "I'll ask the chef" after few second this asian chef came to me with a big smile on and ask about my request..after expressing what I wanted and what is it for she replied "don't worry sir. ill make something special" right then and then I felt the great hospitality of the hotel. After grabbing our food I went back right away to our room to feed my hungry kid and a sick why and as we open the boxes the food smell and look amazing "The BEST BREAKFAST BURRITOS I/WE EVER HAD!" It was made with perfection. As I and my sick wife enjoying some few bites, we heard a knock on our door and surprisingly it's the asian chef again!! carrying a plate of medicine and a cup of ginger ale for my sick wife as she say's " I heard your wife was sick so I have some remedy for her, I hope it helps" with a big smile on! and that overwhelmed me and my wife the most! a true genuine carrying individual!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that your wife was under the weather while you were here in Del Mar. All of us need a little pampering at times when we are not feeling the best. I am so proud the Baba Estavillo, the chef that assisted you, was able to provide a little comfort and personalized service for your wife. Because of your review Baba has been nominated for a “Spirit to Serve” award and will be receiving her certificate at our next staff meeting. We look forward to welcoming you back for a healthier stay next time you are in the Del Mar area.
Arlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I travel to San Diego on business and love the location and the amenities at the San Diego Marriott Del Mar. Great Fitness Center, Wifi and the food is delicious. Couldn't believe how quickly, room service was. The staff( Lindsey) was most helpful in addressing all my needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Lindsey is definitely one of our star associates at the front desk and I am pleased to hear that she was able to accommodate all your needs during your stay. I am happy to hear that you used and were able to enjoy all the amenities that we have to offer at the San Diego Marriott Del Mar; the fitness center, rooms service, Wifi. Our goal is to make your stay most enjoyable and comfortable while you are traveling for business. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and we look forward to having you back on your next business trip.
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our non-profit organization recently held an intimate wine tasting event in the Great Room of the Marriott Del Mar. We worked with Jenessa, the Sales & Events Coordinator, and she did a fantastic job, responding to our inquiries in a timely manner, accommodating all of our requests, having the flexibility to respond to our last minute changes -- a real pleasure to work with. Agie was our server during the tasting and did a super job, prepping the room and, once the tasting began, ensuring that the food and other beverages were served, items were cleared, etc. We had a choral group sing and the hotel let us use their Library as a waiting area/dining space for them as they waited to sing. Last, we had to decant 22 bottles of wine in the bar area before the event and the bar staff, too, were very accommodating and helpful. Thank you, everyone, for making our event a smooth success!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for choosing Arterra to host your event. I am pleased to hear that your event was a smooth success and that Jenessa and Agie were accommodating and helpful throughout the entire event process. Jenessa is an extraordinary Sales & Events Coordinator and makes it her priority to deliver fantastic events, like your wine tasting event, in Arterra. We look forward to hosting another event with you non-profit organization in the future.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My fiancée and I love the Marriott in Del Mar, We dot have time to go on real vacations but when we want a getaway and to forget about work we head over to the Marriott in Del Mar. We have stayed a few times this year and everyone from the valet to kitchen actually seem to care about us when we are there. Megan at the Arterra restaurant even remembered our name this trip! How crazy is that! Josef the restaurant manager was bartending this week and made us a few amazing cocktails, he was talkative and fun and made us feel special. Debbie the server was busy and still had time to smile and say hi while making her job look easy. From John who delivered our food in room service, to Bill who brought around our car, and Kelly at the front desk! Where do they find such a great group of people? Last month we had a problem at check-in, it was quickly solved and then magically a note and some goodies were sent to our room with a note from Mollie, I could go on and on about how special we feel on our stay-cations! Thank you everyone for giving us such warm and fuzzies!!!! Much love from your San Diego local's.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool, very nice from up high
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am extremely pleased to hear that you choose the San Diego Marriott Del Mar as your “stay-cation” hotel. I strongly believe that it is the amazing staff here in Del Mar that can turn a stay-cation into a truly memorable experience. It is important to the staff and I that we create relationships with our guests and give the highest level of guest service. All the associates that you have mentioned have been recognized for their outstanding hospitality and loyalty to making our guests feel special. I am glad that your problem at check in was quickly resolved and I hope you enjoyed the goodies. We look forward to having you back for more “stay-cations” in the future.

Been to San Diego Marriott Del Mar? Share your experiences!