“Two Night Family Trip!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa

You added Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9880 Pacific Heights Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92121 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #195 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, California
“Two Night Family Trip!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I would like to say i enjoyed my family getaway. The hotel front desk Demetrius was so welcoming i appreciated him a lot, never going to sorrento mesa it seems like nothing to do. He gave me helpful advice. Now to the room, for the rate Evelyn provided it was great she was really sweet as well, the room was quiet and cleaned. There were only two bad things i could say, when you turn the heater on, if it hasn't been on in awhile it makes the alarm go off for like 5-10 min very loud. In addition, there was the other bad thing, we were downstairs and the upstairs neighbors were really rude between 2-5 am they stay up making noise and it was very unpleasant and couldn't get much sleep on the last night. However, if you have a family and want something near downtown as well as near la mesa etc, this place would be close around 20 min to both areas.

Room Tip: We were on ground floor i would recommend a upper flr just in case you have neighbors however, we ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for comments. I'm so pleased to hear that Demetrius and Evelyn were able to provide you and your family with helpful advice on things to do in San Diego and providing you a great room rate.

The housekeeping staff here pride themselves in making sure that all guest rooms are cleaned and your comment reassures that. I do apologize that your stay had a little bump in it due to the guest above your room being loud. T

hank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My stay was for a month and business related, I worked long hours and ESA provided great service to me.. The setting was good more like condo type building versus large hotel building. The staff are friendly and very helpful, specially Jennifer at front desk. When ever I asked for anything, it was quickly provided. My room was clean and very functional. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Michael - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to recognize the level of great service that is provided by our associates. Jennifer is a great asset to the team and it is great to know that she was so helpful to you during your stay.

It's great to hear that we will continue to be your lodging choice while in San Diego. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your continued business.
Newbury Park, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I understand these hotels are not fancy, but I do not understand why they should provide us with a stinky disgusting room..
the bath room literally sticks. I had to go bye deodorant and disinfectant in order to spray it. they sent us the maintenance guy after we complaints, and he just came and sprayed with stupid anti-smoke.. couple of sprays and left.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

hi, I stayed for a month and stay was nice. The service is nice. .April is very friendly with speedy answers and advises and very helpful. Regular housekeeping with clean room and kitchen.
Breakfast is nice. and kitchen is fully equipped with utensils and induction is also available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Harry - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the service our staff provided was to your satisfaction. It is also great to hear that April was very helpful. We pride ourselves on presenting each guest with a clean and comfortable room. From reading your comments in regards to our housekeeping service, they tell me that we are doing just that!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

- Very good front desk services and support, e.g. April is very friendly with speedy answers and advices
- Regular housekeeping with clean room and kitchen
- Convenience location with many nearby restaurants and shops

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that to know that our staff was so helpful, especially April who provided you with friendly service and was able to answer all of your questions in a timely matter. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed our location, which is close to restaurants and shops in the area.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Rooms not cleaned properly once a guest checks out.
When I checked in, the room was having food left overs of previous guest in the kitchen sink.
Carpet was not clean, and was full of Pet hairs...
Bathroom lights were out.

Should be your last option to Stay.
Many times breakfast would be finshed as they dont forsee the no. of guest in the hotel and qty they have in stock.

Room Tip: Pay couple of dollars extra and choose some other good options available in the near by vicintity.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sunaad - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and that our grab-and-go breakfast was not properly stocked each morning. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am committed to confirming our rooms are cleaned and inspected more thoroughly moving forward. As for our breakfast, the staff and I are going to increase our quantities so that we can continue to provide enough items for all of our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at mme@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Colusa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

How do you feel about discovering an empty condom wrapper on the floor just slightly obscured by the bed skirt? One side of the mattress seriously smelled like wet dog and there was a nasty looking stain on the bottom sheet just at hip level...plus cigarette burns on the blanket. Loudest bathroom fan I've ever heard and that includes the sound of the fans from neighboring rooms. No shower mat or grips in the bathtub/shower and the floor was pretty slippery. Walls are so thin you can hear things you don't want to hear. Maid service is only provided for stays of a week or more and I learned that when I checked in so I was okay with it. I stayed 2-weeks and went to the office three times for clean towels, and once for toilet paper and Kleenex. They were out of tissues the entire time I was there but offered extra toilet paper. Once when my husband asked for clean towels they only had one bath towel...for both of us. The vending machine was broken throughout our stay so no bottled water and I certainly didn't want to drink the tap water let alone use one of the glasses. It was relatively inexpensive to stay there and I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Katy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so sorry for that your room was unclean and we were unable to provide for all of your needs when it came to towels. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa? Share your experiences!