“Excellent Service & Good Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa

You added Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9880 Pacific Heights Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92121 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #186 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
“Excellent Service & Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

- Very good front desk services and support, e.g. April is very friendly with speedy answers and advices
- Regular housekeeping with clean room and kitchen
- Convenience location with many nearby restaurants and shops

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that to know that our staff was so helpful, especially April who provided you with friendly service and was able to answer all of your questions in a timely matter. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed our location, which is close to restaurants and shops in the area.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Rooms not cleaned properly once a guest checks out.
When I checked in, the room was having food left overs of previous guest in the kitchen sink.
Carpet was not clean, and was full of Pet hairs...
Bathroom lights were out.

Should be your last option to Stay.
Many times breakfast would be finshed as they dont forsee the no. of guest in the hotel and qty they have in stock.

Room Tip: Pay couple of dollars extra and choose some other good options available in the near by vicintity.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sunaad - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and that our grab-and-go breakfast was not properly stocked each morning. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am committed to confirming our rooms are cleaned and inspected more thoroughly moving forward. As for our breakfast, the staff and I are going to increase our quantities so that we can continue to provide enough items for all of our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at mme@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Colusa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

How do you feel about discovering an empty condom wrapper on the floor just slightly obscured by the bed skirt? One side of the mattress seriously smelled like wet dog and there was a nasty looking stain on the bottom sheet just at hip level...plus cigarette burns on the blanket. Loudest bathroom fan I've ever heard and that includes the sound of the fans from neighboring rooms. No shower mat or grips in the bathtub/shower and the floor was pretty slippery. Walls are so thin you can hear things you don't want to hear. Maid service is only provided for stays of a week or more and I learned that when I checked in so I was okay with it. I stayed 2-weeks and went to the office three times for clean towels, and once for toilet paper and Kleenex. They were out of tissues the entire time I was there but offered extra toilet paper. Once when my husband asked for clean towels they only had one bath towel...for both of us. The vending machine was broken throughout our stay so no bottled water and I certainly didn't want to drink the tap water let alone use one of the glasses. It was relatively inexpensive to stay there and I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Katy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so sorry for that your room was unclean and we were unable to provide for all of your needs when it came to towels. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

verde valley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

i don't believe the general manager Amon has the rooms cleaned in-between guests. The first thing i noticed was the garbage left from the previous guest. I mentioned this to Jenn at the front desk but nothing came of this exchange.

Later i discovered the kitchen utensil drawer is probably never cleaned (see picture). and if that is not gross enough, then i discovered the toilet is broken (see picture).

As proof of the lack of cleaning, see the workbadge left from the previous guest (sorry Emanuel).

Normally i can really count on TA reviews, but this may have been the first (and hopefully last) exception.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Highland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

First of all, the Staff was very friendly. But the room seemed run down and dirty. Smudge marks and dirt on the walls and cabinets, the bathroom fan was really loud with no way to turn it off when the light is on and the floors were absolutely filthy. The floors seemed ok, (no stains, etc) but then I took my shoes off and walked around the room in my white socks and the bottoms of my socks were black! I immediately started wondering what else I was using that was not so clean! Also, no maid service during the 3 night stay I was there. The room smelled weird too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. That is the only good thing to report. They had a large screen TV in the room but no channel guide. The bathroom fan was very noisy. The bed was pretty good but the bathroom tub was hazardous to anyone's health. There were no handles or grips and you risked a fall any time you got in or out. And the room reeked of tobacco smoke. The guy at the front desk said they had no non smoking rooms available. Their "Grab and Go" breakfast amounted to bad coffee and calorie rich muffins. Do not recommend this place.

Room Tip: I don't think you can find a good room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Monterey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The room was one of the cheaper ones available in the San Diego area. When we first arrived we noticed an odd smell in the room and I should have requested a different room right away, but I thought I could just air it out. It turns out that the odor just got worse. They have a kitchen in the room, and it appears that someone cooked curry which stunk up the room for our entire stay. A few other negatives include the lack of a blanket and pillows for the sofa bed and the lack of any toiletries other than a bar of soap. There was also a lot of pubic hair on the blanket. The "breakfast" included small, packaged muffins, granola bars, apples and coffee. On a positive note, the bed was comfortable and I did get a decent night's sleep. Howeve, I would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa? Share your experiences!