Great hotel except the 3:30am train that blows the horns ridiculously loud. i know the area can't be that packed with people at that time of day. there is no reason for that many horn blows.
I got upgraded to one of the loft suites and it is one of the best rooms i've ever been in. i did stay for the entire month of January 2009. $7k hotel bill. $32/day parking seems a bit high. if you don't tip the bell boys, you don't get your items you ordered online and/or laundry, you have to go to the front desk to get them even after they say they will get someone to bring it up to you.The food was above average. location is good if you aren't going to stay extended periods, that train affected my sleep which affected my work. I will not stay at this hotel again for business longer than a couple days because of the train.
The hotel is in a fantastic location for the GasLamp Quarter. it's with in close walking distance of everything.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel San Diego
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel
- Hilton Hotel San Diego
- Hilton San Diego
- San Diego Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish 12-story Hotel situated in downtown's historic Gaslamp Quarter, adjacent to the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.