As other's have stated, the location of this hotel is very good, especially if attending a conference at the convention center or a nearby hotel (as I was). The room was large and clean and overall I was happy with the property.
I imagine this is standard at all Hilton's, but they do charge $12 / day for internet PER DEVICE. My reservation said 'complimentary high speed internet' . After asking about this on my first day I was told this applies only in the lobby but that they had recently changed the policy regarding multiple devices and that I would only be charged once per day. But sure enough was charged for multiple devices and then had to argue with the front desk on check-out. It's unbelievable that they think it's reasonable to charge $24 (or more) / day for moderate speed internet. That's more than $600/month! A small, non refrigerated bottle of water was also $3.50 in the room. Staff at the front desk and concierge were cordial but certainly not welcoming. So a good conference hotel, but there are certainly better options if you're on vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel San Diego
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel
- Hilton Hotel San Diego
- Hilton San Diego
- San Diego Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish 12-story Hotel situated in downtown's historic Gaslamp Quarter, adjacent to the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.