This property is in an awesome location. Across from the Convention center, walking distance to major shopping and the bay area tourist locations. The gaslamp area is full of great bars many with live music and supurb restaurants. Holloween was really great.
The loft room we stayed in was a corner room at K street and 5th. Remodled, large and clean. The breakfast was comped because we are Diamonds otherwise it is overpriced. Walk up the street and find some nice local dining. The happy hour across the street was long and dirt cheap.
This IS the spot to be in San Diego but it did have issues. The lobby is a bit grubby and needs refurbished. The carpet going up the stairs has dirt ground in it. The furniture is worn and should be cleaned more often. Even the clerks desk chair visible through the office door had the stuffing coming out of it. Every morning the lobby coffee was empty. On check out day a bellman was no where to be found yet there were three, yes three, valet parking guys. Got tired of waiting and took my own luggage down using two different elevators.
STILL, next time I go to San Diego I will stay at this property rather than the huge, shiney Hilton three blocks away.
Absolutely ride the trolley and see the whole city.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel San Diego
- Hilton Hotel San Diego
- Hilton San Diego
- San Diego Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish 12-story Hotel situated in downtown's historic Gaslamp Quarter, adjacent to the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Olotels, Hotwire, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.